IHS Towers is the largest mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Africa, Europe and the Middle East by tower count and the third largest independent multinational tower company globally.
For 15 years we have been building and managing telecommunications towers that are the essential backbone of mobile telecommunications in Africa – the leapfrog technology driving economic development, prosperity and self-sufficiency across the continent. Right now, IHS is leading a new telecoms service sector driven by the growth of middle class business and consumer demand for mobile and data. We are the partner of choice for Africa’s and the world’s leading network operators because they demand the widest reach and highest reliability for their customers, and the highest standards of governance and operational excellence for themselves. Our long-term contracts and strong sustainable cash flows mean IHS is a unique, low risk entry point for investment in Africa.
Over the last four years, IHS has brought over US$5 billion of investment to the continent. Our belief is that the future economic and social development of Africa will be exponentially accelerated by mobile connectivity, and our team of over 1,000 engineers in five countries is focused on making this happen. We are committed to developing our people and the communities we serve, and to help people and businesses across the region build a powerful, prosperous future – by Africa and for Africa. IHS is Africa’s leading mobile infrastructure company. Founded in 2001 by an experienced team of engineers and business people, IHS serves clients responsibly in the building and managing of effective telecommunications infrastructure and by employing the highest quality people, services and equipment.
Technical Skills Acquisition Program (TSAP)
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, MA/MBA/MSC
Job Field Graduate Jobs/Engineering
- IHS is on the search for the highest calibre of early Engineering talent to join our Technical teams across Nigeria.
About the Programme
- TSAP is an intensive 5-6 months program for young Engineering graduates to grow their careers in the largest independent tower company across the EMEA region.
- The program aims to impart participants with the knowledge, skills and abilities to build, maintain and efficiently operate our network of sites across Nigeria.
- Participants in the program will be able to accelerate their personal and professional development through intensive classroom training facilitated by our In-House Faculty, extensive e-learning on our IHS Academy platform, and on-the-job training with Engineering leaders, managers, and teams.
- At the minimum, you will possess a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Applied Physics.
- If you have a Master’s degree plus a Second Class Lower Bachelor’s degree in any of the above disciplines, your candidacy may also be considered.
- You will be required to demonstrate your ability to build and grow your Engineering career through solid verbal, numeric, critical reasoning, and logical thinking skills.
- We believe that you are the future of our Engineering leadership, so you will also have to demonstrate potential to attain greater and higher levels of responsibility through actions and decisions that are aligned with our core values: Be Bold, Customer Focus, Innovation, and Integrity.
- We are fully committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from women who would like to pursue and advance their careers in Engineering.
Deadline:August 12, 2020
Method of Application
Note: At IHS, we are building and sustaining the infrastructure that’s driving digital connectivity across emerging markets. If you would like to join us on this exciting and transformative journey as a talented early career Engineer, please apply for a place in TSAP using the link above.