Pivotage Consulting is a professional outfit that offers a wide spectrum of strategic Human Resource Services; particularly – Innovative Staffing Solutions, Potent L&D Interventions and Flexible Outsourcing to both big and small organizations across different business sectors. Driven by a team of exceptional and immensely talented consultants with rich industrial experience in understanding, addressing and resolving HR issues in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors; we pride ourselves not only in our unique expertise in delivering timely and result yielding HR solutions, but in our exceptional competency in tailoring our solutions to the uniqueness of our clients’ business needs at all times. We are consistently committed to bridging the gap between “an organization’s current situation and its vision” using value driven, tested and tried but not weak and tired strategic human resources management principles.
Human Resources Business Partner, Nigeria
Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 – 6 years
Job Field Human Resources
Managing the Nigeria and West Africa operations, the role holder will be required to first understand the company’s business objectives and then provide strategic provide support in the delivery of appropriate HR programs; strategies and processes across recruitments, performance management, employee engagement, talent management, learning and development and employee relations.
- Understanding specific business requirements associated with growth in West Africa, and translating these into talent/capability requirements.
- Institutionalizing a rigorous hiring process aligned with technical and behavioural competencies.
- Working with individuals, managers, and functional leaders to ensure fair performance reviews, including goal setting, self-assessment, manager assessment completion, and targeted action planning.
- Partnering with the functional leaders to track and improve critical people metrics such as employee engagement and retention.
- Planning and executing talent management initiatives in partnership with the functional leader, including identifying high potential employees, ensuring each role has the right fit and support their skill development to perform optimally in these roles.
- Building greater efficiency into the adherence to and practice of people processes by minimizing pain points or delays experienced by functional teams.
- Coaching people managers on employer brand as regards specific activities such as managing poor performance and exits.
- Be an objective voice in investigations and disciplinary procedures, contributing ethical, legal and organizational perspectives to the process.
- Driving greater awareness and understanding across all levels on opportunities, benefits, and people processes to continue to foster a fair and inclusive work environment.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of HR business partnership experience.
- Experience in independently partnering with leadership.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, multi-cultural environment and work independently.
- Critical thinker with success in developing innovative solutions to business issues.
- Strong communication skills to ensure information flows both upward and downward.
- Strong leadership and team player skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Display of utmost professionalism and result-driven approach to work.
- Experienced and skilled in creating and organizing presentations and reporting for an executive audience.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills to stay on top of time-sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas of improvement.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in the area of expertise.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: June 28, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title (HR Business Partner, Nigeria) as the subject of your application.