PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 450 partners and over 8,500 people in 32 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of African operating environments enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes to offer tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions for every business challenge. Realising the appeal of the continent as an investment destination, our dedicated Africa Desk provides assistance to organisations looking to expand their presence in Africa. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in Nigeria with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 700 staff and 22 resident partners. We are committed to serving as a force for integrity, good sense and wise solutions to the problems facing businesses and the capital markets.
Human Resources and Administrative Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Administration
- Support in the formulation of the company’s corporate strategy.
- Formulate and implement a HR Strategy that will promote the achievement of the company’s business strategic objectives
- Implement all HR initiatives in line with the company’s strategic and business objectives
- Draw up annual the budget for all HR programs in line with the business strategy
- Develop and implement effective HR procedures and policies
- Review and update the organisational design process and succession planning framework of the company in line with the corporate strategy.
- Coordinate all Talent Management activities and processes within the company. This includes Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Performance Management, etc.
- Develop an effective manpower planning process in alignment with the company’s corporate strategy.
- Design and ensure an effective recruitment and selection processes
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a compensation structure that promotes equity, facilitates employee retention, and provides a competitive edge for the company
- Ensure adherence to the workmen compensation act as stipulated within the regulatory framework
- Develop appropriate communication channels to keeps all employees informed of key organisation issues, HR policies and procedures
- Develop an effective grievance handling and disciplinary procedure within the company
- Guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services for the entire company
- Provide strong leadership and ensure clear strategic objectives are in place.
- Ensure maintenance of the office building, guest houses and office equipment
- Interface with governmental agencies: Licenses, rates, permits etc.
- Visa and ticket procurement, travel arrangements, airport protocol, hotel accommodation, Immigration management, expatriate quota allocation and permits processing.
- Liaise with brokers, legislative and regulatory bodies on all people related insurance matters, remittance, Learning fund, NSITF etc.
- Supervise the Business Continuity function and incident reporting process
- Manage car fleet and drivers to meet regulatory requirements and mitigate financial and personal risks to the organisation and its staff.
- Contribute to the tidiness and ambience of the office environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and (where possible) an involvement in quality initiatives.
- Supervise the Health and Safety Team and define the strategy for the delivery of total Health and Safety cover for the firm.
- Evaluate and communicate facilities risk management, including operational, health and safety and financial, mobilisation risks to senior stakeholders.
- Oversee and take ownership of internal service deliveries required for a functioning office, e.g. meeting rooms, workstations, cleaning, transportation etc.
- Oversee the management of and reports for equipment inventory and asset register.
- Oversee procurement activities; identify opportunities to increase value for money, drive efficiencies, identify savings opportunities without impact on quality
- Ensure maintenance programmes and routine repairs are completed and ensure budget provisions exists to deliver the programme.
- Annually prepare and regularly monitor the budget for all areas of responsibility, including facilities, services and supplies.
- Minimum of first degree in Social sciences, Humanities, Business Administration or any relevant discipline is required
- Professional certification in Human resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in the Human Resources and Administrative Function [preferably in the Oil and Gas sector]
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.