EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Before the construction of the Egbin Power Plc, Lagos, the Ijora Power Station which is reputed as the oldest power generating plant in the country was the main source of electricity supply around.
Human Resource Generalist
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Human Resources
- To assist with the general operations within the HR department and contribute directly to the work of the learning and development units.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct reference / background and employee eligibility verifications for new hires
- Tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Develop interventions for the implementation of HR strategies.
- Support with the development of training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management processes.
- Drive company culture through various initiatives to build and sustain a community
- Deploying initiatives geared towards rewards, recognition and general employee motivation
- Process and channel employees’ requests to the appropriate functions
- Organize and execute all approved and assigned HR events (i.e. company training, team bonding, retreats etc.
- Manage the delivery of in-house training and development programmes
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Provide accurate administration and record-keeping for all training programmes
- Analyze staff training needs, you will take into account their functional area, developmental need and competency framework and respond to their training request in a timely manner
- Maintain the training scheduling system and training spreadsheet annually
- Review training materials from a variety of vendors and select materials with appropriate content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Professional qualification in HR e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in an HR generalist role.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR process areas and their linkages.
- Sound knowledge of relevant applications to support HR operations
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.