Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft. The company also builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software. Larry Ellison, a co-founder of Oracle, had served as Oracle’s CEO throughout its history.
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Internship
Ref No: 20000D1N
Duration: 12 month contract
Job Type: Student/Intern Hire
- To provide assistance as required by the Managing Counsel for Oracle in West Africa
- This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Assisting the Managing Counsel and the Legal Department in all aspects of work required from the Legal Organization. This will include, but not be limited to, assisting in:
- Organizing and maintaining records, meeting minutes and legal archive
- Organizing and maintaining Corporate household
- Reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents
- Drafting letters and documents as required
- Taking ownership on issues as assigned by the Managing Counsel
- Continuous interface with other functions in the company
- Liaison with Business Practices, Compliance & Ethics and Deal Management organizations
- Provide updates to other departments as necessary
- Implementing legal policies and business practices
- Co-ordination of legal services within relevant groups and functions
- Localizing agreements
- Attending internal and external meetings
- Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house Legal Department
Minimum job requirements – not negotiable:
- L.L.B. & B.L. – Bachelor of Laws
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar
- National Youth Service Completion Certificate
- Minimum 1 year post call to the Nigerian bar experience
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle Legal Internship Program in West Africa
- High-level ability to articulate and draft in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Desire to learn and develop
- Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services
- Develop understanding of Oracle’s business requirements and policies
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.