Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War. Langdon-Davies conceived the idea of a personal relationship between a child and a sponsor – a model that puts the child at the centre, and remains the core of what we do.
Today, Plan International is a global organisation that is active in over 70 countries to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. Founded over 70 years ago, Plan is a nearly $800 million organization often ranked among the top 10 international development agencies by reputation, size and scope. We work side-by-side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, developing solutions to ensure long-term sustainability.
- The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Officer.
Dimension of Role
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- IT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, design and architecture
- Escalates incidents to ITO support or local external support contacts as appropriate
- Fulfil other tasks set out by supervisors.
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems.
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Proven ability to setup and configure Microsoft Outlook
- Familiar with Microsoft Server Administration and Windows Operating System
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.