FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
was founded by John Hatch in 1984 and pioneered the “village banking method” of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Village banking method brings together groups of between 10 to 25 people in a community or market who guarantee small loans to each other.
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA operates using sound business principles and an entrepreneurial spirit. We have developed a very innovative organizational structure that set a new standard for the microfinance industry which allows us to mobilize private and commercial capital while keeping true to our mission. We deliver a real “double bottom line” that couples positive social impact with financial sustainability. Our ultimate goal is to combat poverty by creating employment, raising family incomes and reducing poverty world-wide.
FINCA’s mission is to provide financial services to the world’s lowest-income entrepreneurs so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.
FINCA’s vision is to be a global microfinance network collectively serving more low-income entrepreneurs than any other microfinance institution while operating on commercial principles of performance and sustainability.
Today FINCA has grown into a global network spanning four regions (Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and Greater Middle East) with 23 subsidiaries and serving over one and a half million people. FINCA offers an array of financial products and services to its clients including enterprise financing, savings, remittance services, micro insurance, rural/agricultural finance, sharia-compliant loans, micro-energy loans, and financial education. Our Products and their terms and conditions are adapted to each market context, so we may achieve our mission of improving the livelihoods of low-income individuals and their families while ensuring sustainability of operations.
Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider with 30 years’ experience in microfinance. Our work enables low-income families to create their own solutions to progress.
Graduate Account Assistant
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 – 2 Years
Job Unit Finance
- FINCA Nigeria seeks to employ an experienced individual with a good knowledge of accounting as Account Assistant.
- The role reports to the Chief Accountant Officer or as may be designated.
- The ideal candidate should be an individual who is organized and can collect, process and reconcile a wide range of variety of accounting documents, prepare and process documents to disburse funds and make deposit.
- S/He should be able to prepare reports, compile and review documents for accuracy, and maintain records.
KPI/Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare FINCA Nigeria Mapped and Fin track reports.
- Compute loan loss provisions for month end adjustment.
- Review and Manage the Fixed Asset Register.
- Manage Assets and Liabilities- Review the balance sheet schedules for improving efficiency control of assets and liabilities and provide explanations for long outstanding items and the action plan to clear them on time.
- Manage and Reconcile Inter- company Receivable and Payables.
- Prepare statutory remittances as PAYE, Withholding Tax, Company Tax and VAT.
- Compute Loan Officers transport allowance depending on their routes and number of clients as shown on the month end portfolio.
- Participate in the preparation of FINCA Final report.
- Ensure that all internal and external audit are properly facilitated and queries are answered accurately and timely.
- File all documents/ receipts/ correspondence processed ensuring that all approval processes have been fully complied with.
And any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get job/scholarship update on WhatsApp
- Degree or HND in Accounting/ Accountancy only.
- Desired candidate must be a Certified Accountant. Completed ICAN examination without induction may be accepted.
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting related function, desirable with any financial institution.
- A good knowledge of microfinance will be an added advantage.
- Possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- MUST be Proficient in Excel and Computerized accounting packages.
- The Job is with no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Payment and Reconciliation Officer
- Financial Accountant
- Chief Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.