Alpha Mead Group Our primary focus is to provide facility management, project management and real estate development consultancy, training and professional services delivery support to corporate organisations and private investors with major real estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services while ensuring minimum total life cycle cost of the asset to the owner. In collaboration with our foreign technical partners Cluttons UK we are able to access global best practices, systems and standards to deliver best value to our customers leveraging our knowledge and expertise of the local operating environment. Cluttons UK is a leading firm of international property consultants and chartered surveyors with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, South Africa and the Caribbean. AMFacilities is also in active collaboration with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Nigerian chapter. Alpha Mead Facilities is the first Nigerian facilities management company to be awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification by both UKAS and ANAB in the UK and US respectively. In 2012, AMFacilities won the IFMA Excellence Award for the Best Corporate FM Stakeholder.
Job Type Full Time
Location Lagos State | Nigeria
Job Unit Technician
- The air-conditioning technicians are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing of air-conditioning equipment.
- They can be involved in heating or refrigeration work, as they are trained to work on both heating and cooling units, including motors, switches, pumps, wiring, thermostats and fans.
- The air conditioning technicians install, inspect, maintain, and repair air conditioner.
- They ventilate equipment and controls making sure they operate efficiently and continuously.
- They perform regular maintenance work on cooling units.
- They diagnose electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions.
- They install, replace, or repair equipment that has been damaged.
- They make adjustment and do calibrations of thermostatic controls.
- They install new air-conditioning systems and equipment.
- They inspect and maintain refrigerators and ice machines, and chilled water supply systems.
- They clean blowers and coils, check tensions of belts and motors.
- They make plans and designs of new air-conditioning systems including their installation and maintenance.
- The air-conditioning technicians must at least have SSCE and or Trade Test.
- They should know the principles of air-conditioning unit repair and maintenance, including controls, MSDS sheets, safety practices and procedures and tools used.
- They should be able to read and interpret building regulations and codes implemented by city, state and federal government agencies pertaining to installing air-conditioning units.
Skills and Profile:
- The air conditioning technicians should be able to work in places where they are exposed to dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials and high voltage equipment.
- They should also be capable of working in confined and hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways and attics.
- They may also have to work in adverse weather and may be required to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, kneel or stand for long stretches of time.
Job Type Full Time
Location Lagos State | Nigeria
Job Unit Technical
The HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) Service Manager leads staff members who install, repair and maintain heating and air conditioning systems in both residential and commercial buildings. This manager routinely works directly with service and install technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself as a senior company representative, the HVAC Service Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors and suppliers to ensure accurate communication of job or project status and requirements.
The HVAC Service Manager directs daily operations of the HVAC Service Department by successfully performing the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervises and directs the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Reviews technicians’ work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity
- Responsible for HVAC technicians’ performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
- Establishes and maintains a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the HVAC Service Department
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians
- Oversees assigned HVAC service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy
- Monitors HVAC service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Keeps current with latest factory OEM training on current products, coordinates HVAC technician training and maintains training records to ensure personnel maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment
- Generate sales leads; and promotes and develops maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generates bids for contract projects/work
- Manages larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinates and directs a team of technicians and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations
The HVAC Service Manager should possess the following skills, characteristics and abilities:
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years HVAC Management related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Some post-high school education from college, trade school or military
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Has the ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits related to HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of local codes and an ability to use resources at hand to find solutions
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate HVAC technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Have a clean, neat and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.