SYNLAB offers a full range of medical laboratory services for practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry. The SYNLAB Group is the uncontested leader on the European market for human medicine laboratory services.
SYNLAB particularly focuses on the implementation of innovative laboratory medicine methods and on networking specialist diagnostic competences (SYNLAB Centres of Excellence). SYNLAB maintains additional laboratories (strategic business units) in individual countries for veterinary medicine and environmental analysis. This services portfolio is rounded off by expert medical imaging centres in certain countries.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 3 Years
Job Unit Logistics
- To increase revenue for the company and achieve sample volume target
- To develop and manage operational budget for the transport department
- To control costs of maintenance, repair, replacement, and fleet related expenses
- To manage fuel card allocation for the dispatch and drivers
- To maintain service level agreement for logistics and ensure customer satisfaction
- To work closely with sales executives to ensure all client requests are effectively handled
- To conduct customer survey routinely (Monthly CSI) for dispatch riders.
- To review and effectively set up dispatch routes
- To ensure dispatch maintain the company’s image – adherence to branding requirement (Uniform & Bike)
- To develop and implement SYNLAB’s transport strategy
- To identify suppliers/vendors; negotiate contracts, and ensure that contracts are awarded in accordance with company policy
- To develop and review the fleet management SOP’s and supporting documents in accordance with the needs of the company
- To proactively monitor maintenance of the vehicles and determine vehicles that require repairs.
- Liasing with insurance companies for timely renewal / purchase and claims processing for the fleet
- Ensure 100% compliance with government legislation, licenses/permits and health & safety policies, NAFDAC etc
- Logistics – Planning and arranging, transportation for company (Visitors) as required
- Courier and general logistics management including managing imports and clearing of goods
- To review procurement requisition forms (PRF’s) and authorize PRF’s within the budget/ return PRF’s to user department if within budget allocation
- To purchase goods and services in the right quantity and quality, at the right time and price for use of the organization
- To supervise the inspection of goods and services delivered, to ensure conformance with specifications. Quality, Quantity and other SLA requirements
- Vendor registration and management of vendors database and necessary records / files documents
- Issue stock item to all departments and locations of SYNLAB and participate in stock counts as required
- BSc Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Experience: 2-3 years experience as a logistics Officer
- Knowledge of shipping, wear housing and procurement is key
- Experience managing drivers and dispatch riders
- Must be a good problem solver
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Health Care
- Operational effectiveness: Responsible for managing the laboratory and improving the operating quality and efficiency of the department in collaboration with the Laboratory Manager
- Develop a thorough understanding of laboratory equipment and procedures
- Customer Relations Officer – advise patients/doctors on tests required and interpretation of results
- To assist all customers with enquiries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Investigate client complaints, determine source of issues and ensure corrective action is taken.
- To liaise with laboratory staff (all departments) and ensure all client complaints are resolved
- To receive all incoming phone calls and provide information required
- Promptly review all results printed out and ensure all abnormal results are called out immediately
- Signing out and interpretation of results Liaise with doctors – providing information on tests and results
- Recording activities and preparing weekly/ Monthly activity log and report
- Actively promote PathCare and increase number of referral clients doctors
- Organise presentations and produce communication materials e.g. leaflets
- Accreditation – Review departmental SOPs and develop SOP’s as required in collaboration with the attending Pathologist
- Previous experience as a pathologist consultant
- Communication skills – written, oral and listening
- Customer focus, Respect for individuals, Team worker, leadership skills, Analytical, conscientious & accurate
- Ability to prioritise and work within tight deadlines
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.