Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 3 Years
Job Unit ICT/Computer
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Databases.
- The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage, Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances, Plans and implements backup and recovery of databases, Setup and maintenance of online replication of data from Production to the DR environment, Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle License agreements, Proactive Production Database monitoring across database platforms.
- Performing in conjunction with system administrators, the capacity planning required in creating and maintaining the various databases for the use of the Bank.
- Performs failover of databases as required for disaster recovery.
- Ensures space availability for database growth.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Improve customer experience:
- Achieve a minimum annual Business Survey (i.e ISS) rating of 8 out of 10
- Ensure not more than 5 significant incidents occur every week
- Achieve an IT User Survey score of 7 out of 10
- Ensure closure time within 90% of agreed SLA for significant and general complaints
- Ensure service availability meets agreed targets
- Achieve a Remedy satisfaction survey rating of 3.5 out of 5
Develop a cost containment culture:
- License & Maintenance
- Staff Printing.
Establish a control framework that guarantees visibility and reliability of our franchise:
- Satisfactory Audits (Internal & External)
- Resolve exceptions before due dates
- Ensure there is no vulnerability
- Emergency changes should not exceed 10% of total changes
- Successful DR exercises.
Implement efficient and timely projects and changes to support key business objectives:
- Achieve 80% close out sign offs on pre-agreed deliverables (time, scope, cost) by all relevant stakeholders
- Score 90% on post implementation survey (conducted within a minimum of 3 months after project closure)
- Respond within 24hours to engage relevant parties once a work request is raised
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in Numerate or Semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Preferably certified in OCP, ITL v3
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position.
- IT Operations
- Technical Analysis
- IT Knowledge
- Database Administration
- IT Systems
- License Management.
Client Analyst - Client Coverage (Oil & Gas)
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BSC/BA/HND, MA/MBA/MSC
Experience: 5 – 7 Years
Job Unit Banking
- Conduct on-going research and analysis to enable the Relationship Managers to fully understand the clients’ business, context, and identify potential business opportunities for the bank.
- Interpret the research findings and analytics
- Make recommendations regarding potential opportunities or risks so that the Relationship Manager is able to proactively identify solutions or mitigate commercial risks
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Client and Industry Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research on clients, their business, operations and performance, as well as trends in their specific industries at the request of the Relationship Managers
- Up-to-date and on-going client and industry information, which can be used to identify opportunities and risks.
Client Relationship Management:
- Compile and analyse information regarding sales activity and business pipeline. Provide the Relationship Managers with analysis that can be used to inform their account management plans
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution and/or gathering critical information for the bank
- Provide on-going assistance to Relationship Managers in the implementation of the agreements.
- Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems, and when out-dated, liaise with clients to gather the updated information
- Updated client information that can be used for analysis and marketing purposes
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance management process
- Ensure updated and accurate information that can be used for budget planning or performance analysis.
Support the Credit Process:
- Support RMs in the credit process including credit applications, PCC (paper preparation), excess management, compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt, zero operational loss issues and other relevant workflows between credit and coverage
- Assist in conducting an efficient credit process.
Client Deal Enablement (Note that it is the decision of the Client Coverage Head that either a new role is defined / current one extended for the New Business Approval Committee and Client support functions that CB will provide for all CIB clients across product/business lines):
- On-going review of client base for potential HighRisk clients. Consistent client deal enablement at required standard
- Develop and prepare credit paper for submission to the Product Credit Committee (PCC) in conjunction with Relationship Manager
- Develop and prepare appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Business related field.
- A Postgraduate Business Degree will be considered an advantage.
- 5 to 7 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise:
- The job holder should as a minimum have the following traits / abilities and personal characteristics good verbal communication
- Ability to express ideas, analysis, findings, formulate recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle, manage and resolve conflict within the unit and across the Debt Solutions Division
- Good numerical ability
- People management skills
- Team player
- Ability to retain optimism despite setbacks
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.