At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Process Automation is a global business unit within Schneider-Electric building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections among people, processes and technologies. Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to higher value utilizing proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
Fresh Graduate Process Automation & Control Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Location Lagos & Rivers
Job Unit Engineering
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our Process Automation (PA)business unit for graduate engineers with a desire to specialize in Process Automation & Control, working across both our engineering and service teams. The role will be based out of our Lagos office but with travel and site work potentially taking up a large part of the role.
The successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of Process Automation and control including;
- Process Automation systems design and specification
- Software engineering and build
- Factory acceptance testing
- Site installation
- University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation/Controls or other Computer Science Related degree
- At most 6 months-1-year hands-on experience in automation industry
- PLC knowledge, HMIs,control systems ,SCADA systems and Industrial systems
- Knowledge of structured programming, communication techniques and protocols.
- Knowledge of data communications protocols, networking equipment and computer operating systems.
- Excellent command of computer knowledge and MS Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Clear and demonstrable interest in software/programming
- High energy levels, result oriented, self-motivating
- Networking capabilities both internally within Schneider-Electric and externally
- Female candidates highly encouraged to apply
- Keen interest in computer systems and programming
- You speak an additional European language (is not a must, but will be an advantage)
- You are excellent team player able to both influence and collaborate
- Open and supportive personality with a genuine inquisitive nature
- Willingness to work both nationally and internationally as and when needed
- Customer First – always willing to put customers and others first
- Embrace Different – comfortable dealing with different cultures and embracing change
- Dare to Disrupt – not afraid to do things different and challenge status quo
- Learn Every Day – eagerness to learn new skills (fast)
- Act like Owners – take ownership of tasks and not rely on others to drive you
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.