AnneMarthas Global Services Limited is currently recruiting on behalf of its client, (a non – profit organization), suitable and qualified candidates for the following role:
Finance and Accounting Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 4 Years
Location Cross River
Job Unit Finance
- Maintaining a high degree of safety and confidentiality of documents and the organization’s property.
- Monitoring and keeping records of petty cash
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Proper recording of daily transactions into the accounting software program
- Weekly and Monthly reconciliation of cash & bank accounts
- Filling supporting documents at the appropriate time
- Maintain an up-to-date cheque register
- Collating requisitions and getting proper approvals before disbursement
- Handling of statutory payment remittances
- Timely payment of bills, ensuring suppliers & vendors are paid at the appropriate time.
- Timely receipting for payments into the company account.
- Support the organization’s effort in the collation and collection of outstanding payments.
- Monitor all of the organization’s accounts and report outstanding balances on a regular basis
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Assist with the organization’s procurement process
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations especially those stated in the organization’s financial and operations manual.
- Liaise with the principal on accounting activities.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial reports.
- Maintain a high degree of safety and confidentiality of the organization’s documents and property in their possession.
- Practices a high level of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Minimum of 4 years on the job accounting experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree/HND in accounting
- A Professional Certificate in accounting (ACCA or ICAN)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Must be versatile in the use of IT systems/office application.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages).
- Must have a clear sense of goals and priorities while working in an innovative and responsive way.
- Must have previous experience in middle finance/accounting role in a corporate environment.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Must have knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
- Must have knowledge of best practices and procedures in routine office supplies and equipment replenishments.
- Must have knowledge of cost accounting and cost funding procedures.
- Must have the ability to collate and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Ability to maintain a healthy awareness of self and limitation, drawing appropriate boundaries, and showing emotional maturity.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: January 27, 2020
Method of Application
Interested applicants should address their email application (cover letter and cv as one document in PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject. The application document MUST be saved in the candidate’s full name.