Workforce Group Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organisational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
At Workforce, we are committed to helping our clients perform at the highest levels and achieve their desired success. We pride ourselves in our ability to consistently adopt structured, rigorous and well thought through diagnostics process focused at understanding the peculiar needs of our clients and then design, develop and deploy customised innovative solutions and interventions to meet those needs.
Finance and Account Professional
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Finance
- The Finance and Account Professional will be responsible for Accounting, Reconciliation/Analysis, Accruals Accounting, Statutory Financial Reporting, Internal Controls & Process Improvement, Taxation & Returns, and Treasury.
- Carry out accounting standards within the General ledger using the professional knowledge of Statutory (IFRS) and US GAAP to ensure the compliance with company principles and practices.
- Ensure that supporting documents to accounting inputs are obtained, authenticity and completeness are checked, calculations and coding prior their posting are verified.
- Work with the supervisor in the month-end and year-end closing activities in liaison with other departments to ensure that they are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Intercompany and Sundry Accounts Receivable accounts accuracy and correct accounting within established procedures.
- Identify unusual or overdue items, reconcile/resolve the differences, select the appropriate corrective procedure and process the correction in the system to enable prepare the Company’s financial statements.
- Prepare analyses of financial data in order to deepen understanding of the financial processes and subsequently to do them more effectively.
- Ensure analysis of accruals in order to present over/under accruals to management and to implement process improvement.
- Initiate, evaluate and propose measures that will improve the long term profitability of the company.
- Make sure that local management and other internal parties are provided with timely and accurate reports on both regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Liaise with IS in implementing such modifications. Co-operate with the Internal Controls and Compliance department in building a secure control environment that reflects the companies need to meet the highest standards of internal controls and ensure full compliance with principles and practices and all applicable standards.
- Lead continuous information exchange within the organization and ensure that full compliance of PMI standards are reflected in all legal entities and a continuous training and improvement process is maintained.
- Ensure VAT and WHT Tax returns are accurate, and timely submitted. Liaise with EEMA Tax for preparation of the annual TP documentation :
- Liaise with the SCE team in Krakow to ensure effective cash and treasury management, also acting as the affiliates contact person with banks and other financial institutions
- BSc in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or any business-related course
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Possess a professional membership such ACA, ACCA or ICAN
- Deep Knowledge of best practices of financial management.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software.
- Financial management and financial reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong personal integrity and accountability
NGN250,000 – 300,000 / Month.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: March 8, 2021
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with “Finance and Account Professional” as the subject.