Traders of Africa is an ecommerce marketplace focused on driving intra-African trade as well as trade between Africa and the world through technology. Our mission to create sustainable wealth for individuals, communities, organizations and nation states in Africa.
Our merchants have a large range of products that span across various categories including agricultural produce, leather and textile, construction materials, woodworks and furniture, food and beverages and so much more. We provide escrow services; powered by Ecobank, dedicated customer service support and many other services to ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 4 Years
Job Field Sales/Marketing
- Are you an Agricultural professional, with at least 2 years in sourcing for agro-commodities locally? Are you willing to join us in driving intra-African trade?
- Are you conversant with FMCG best practices in procurement and possess a way range of network among farmers and off-takers of Agribusiness?
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Field Specialist will primarily be responsible for monitoring and supervising products brought by suppliers of Agro-commodities and monitor the delivery processes of such product to the buyer’s destination
- Also acquisition/sourcing for potential new buyers and new suppliers.
- Travel to product locations.
- Inspect product in the forest, park, or warehouse.
- Send photos and videos of the product.
- Supervise movement.
- Plan and coordinate the shipping activities.
- Strategize and execute sourcing from various African countries.
- Know your product (Peanut, Sesame Seed, Cashew, Maize/corn, Cocoa, Soybeans, Charcoal/ Timber).
- Inspect product in the forest, park, or warehouse
- Bachelor Degree qualification
- 2-4 years experience.
- Knowledge in at least 5 Agro-commodities products
- Must be a resident of Lagos
- Proven sales agent in the Agribusinesses or similar role
- Must have experience dealing with suppliers, Traders, and exporters
- Ensure assigned sales targets are met
- Good interpersonal skills and Street Smart
- Exceptional supervision and relation-building abilities
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
- Commitment to process improvement
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Driven and ambitious
- Must have two Guarantors
- Must have Integrity and Trustworthy
- Ability to speak the local languages
- Ability to use android-based application for monitoring and record taking
- Proactive and attention to details
- Must be tech-savvy and ready to learn
- Must be willing to be away from home for a period of time.
- Hardworking, focused and dedicated.
- Contribute to the management of the organization’s system to ensure things are done accurately.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: November 6, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.