Alpha Mead Group primary focus is to provide facility management, project management and real estate development consultancy, training and professional services delivery support to corporate organisations and private investors with major real estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services while ensuring minimum total life cycle cost of the asset to the owner.
In collaboration with our foreign technical partners Cluttons UK we are able to access global best practices, systems and standards to deliver best value to our customers leveraging our knowledge and expertise of the local operating environment. Cluttons UK is a leading firm of international property consultants and chartered surveyors with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, South Africa and the Caribbean. AMFacilities is also in active collaboration with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Nigerian chapter.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Field Engineering
The Facility Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the facility through implementation of policies, procedures and programs required by the client and the company. The ultimate goal is to assure a well-managed well-maintained property or portfolio of properties with emphasis on positive and timely response to the concerns and needs of the clients occupying the property.
- Conduct periodic unannounced property inspections on weekends, nights and early mornings to determine the performance of key service providers, i.e. janitorial service, landscaping, security, technician/handyman services, etc.
- MBWA – Manage by walking around.
- Involvement and input required with the Portfolio Manager for the selection of service providers.
- Assure full compliance of all service providers with property specifications and standards.
- Responsible for daily inspection and supervise Preventive Maintenance plans
- Oversee the correction of maintenance issues that relate to the interior space and exterior of the building, as applicable.
- Manage property to identify, prevent, address, and eliminate all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Conduct regular periodic fire and life safety inspections.
- Provide for records destruction services as needed to protect proprietary information.
- Monitor utility usage and make adjustments in usage patterns to minimize costs.
- Provide project management services for small projects as directed by management. Additionally, the Facility Manager is involved and serves as a resource for all interior planning, furniture reconfiguration and internal moves of the clients.
- Conduct periodic property review to prepare and maintain plans for handling major storms, security risks and other extraordinary events.
- Maintain a liaison relationship with Landlords or Landlord Representatives.
- Review and understand Leases.
- Produce monthly reports, including an operations summary of completed and planned operations activity.
- Assist Project Management and Engineering, Design and Construction personnel – Protect the property.
- Provide for the provisioning of administrative / office services as needed by client occupant organizations.
- B.Sc / HND in relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience as a Facility Manager
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. IFM, PFM, IFMA etc. will be an advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: February 15, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.