Baobab Micro Finance Bank was founded in 2005, through the initiative of Arnaud Ventura, founder and CEO, by PlaNet Finance and partners shareholders. MicroCred Holding is an investment company that invests in and manages responsible institutions and provides them with the technical assistance they need to become leaders in their respective countries. Our vision and objective MicroCred provides technical support to the microfinance institutions in its investment portfolio.
Thus, the subsidiaries share the same strategic direction and common practices. MicroCred provides tools, methodologies and common procedures, including : Procedures and guidelines for the management, administration, funding and reporting; A common group Management Information System (MIS); A common policy for monitoring and managing social performance according to the local conditions;Processes complying with the principles of responsible finance, including the Clients Protection Principles of the Smart Campaign; A range of customer-oriented products and services that are innovative and consistent within the Group; A strong brand and marketing strategy; Good governance and internal control policies; Human Resources Management methodologies and procedures in order to create a strong “corporate culture”; Access to international financing.
Experienced SME Officer
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME
- SME Loan Officer is responsible for processing loan applications for SME and corporate clients, as well as monitoring the loan portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect new SME clients and assists them for loan applications.
- Has the ability to analyze and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties) and arranges to open a new loan account.
- Prepares and executes loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loan in kind.
- Have good knowledge about guidelines of the regulatory body and be able to prepare loan reports for internal and external use.
- Monitors the loan and follows up of the timely repayment.
- Maintain contact and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ensure full compliance with all in-place.
- Any other task as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relations with the client.
- Good presentation skills and excellent courteous attitude; social concern.
- Ability to work in confidentiality; ability to work in the field.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- At least 1-2 years prior experience in the credit/SME department from a Microfinance bank.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: June 24, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume to: email@example.com and using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.