British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalization of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Administration
- BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
- To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
Role Positioning and Objectives:
- The role is responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive support to the Area Director & HR Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritizing and taking personal responsibility for all activities in order to improve efficiency.
- This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity).
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and work plans) and correspondence for the Area and HR Director to ensure optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement complex presentations, reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the Top team within the area
- Responsible for organizing extensive global travel arrangements for Area and HR Director and other Regional visitors – transportation, hotels and visas in place
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements & retirements as required
- Organizing conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events
- Effectively interface with other Top Team Members and their PAs to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to PAs within BAT and in other companies
- Identify areas for improvement and execute plans as required
Can this be Your Future Role?
- Can you multitask, prioritise and organise like a pro?
- BSc / BA Degree
- Previous working experience in a similar role, in a leading corporate organisation is an advantage
- Great MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and ability to prepare complex reports
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Excellent organizing and prioritizing skills
- Great communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with an assertive attitude
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numerical skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries.
- Possibility to grow in the role
- Access to learning and development opportunities
- Competitive package.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Note: Applicants will ONLY receive responses to their applications, from 1 March 2020, after the application portal closes.