GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our 3 global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
EHS and Security Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5 Years
Job Unit Internship
- Support the Managing Directors to develop and deploy programmes to effectively manage environment, health and safety risks of the Nigeria manufacturing and commercial operations.
- Manage EHS systems (control framework) and apply mechanisms to periodically review its effectiveness aimed at continual improvement.
- Overall responsibility for EHS Functions across the Ilupeju site, with specific responsibility (Duty Holder) for – occupational hygiene, emergency management, environmental sustainability, Health & Wellness etc.
- Lead the implementation of EHS projects, in relation to hazard identification and risk management and provide technical EHS input/support for all new products/projects undertaken by Nigerian Business Units, from conceptualisation through to actualisation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant local legislation and other requirements applicable to the GSK Nigeria operations and liaise with regulatory authorities as may be required.
- Facilitate EHS awareness development sessions and assign training curriculum for various categories of staff and contractors, to build the required competencies for sound EHS performance.
- Protection of staff, company property and assets by organising effective and efficient physical security.
- Provides leadership for the security function team and nurturing the growth of subordinates.
- Maintain close liaison and work closely with, the security service provider to provide effective and cost-efficient security services.
- Develop effective communication with and develop a working relationship with external organizations such as the Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement Departments and the Police.
- Responsible for conducting risk analysis for the sites, particularly with respect to level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural and manmade disasters, writing review reports, reviewing findings, and making cost effective recommendations to the management.
- Maintains knowledge of current security issues and security technology and update management on risk and threat that could impact company business.
- Responds to security related problems, including the making of independent judgments and decisions on diverse matters ranging from violations of security procedures to serious emergencies involving law enforcement agencies, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Assist the GSK Nigerian Senior Leadership Team in the conduct of Country Crisis Management, including periodic training, plan reviews.
- Revamp major areas of the security function in line with the Regional Head of Security.
- Lead or support in investigations.
- Pro-actively participate in Regional Internal GSK Security Network meetings.
- Manage intelligence process activities and ensure periodic security reporting
- Proactively manage safety and security of GSK expatriate visitors and staff across Nigeria.
- Provide regular security and safety briefs/tips/alert to Management and staff
- First Degree in Environmental Sciences; Occupational Health and Safety; Safety Engineering or other related sciences.
- Hold relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH International Diploma, Security and Protective services.
- Full membership of an International professional organization e.g. IOSH
- Professional qualifications for auditing EHS management systems.
- Sound knowledge of local EHS regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 3-5years of active EHS management, of which should be in a manufacturing environment at senior/management level.
- 3-5 years management experience as a Security Head in an Multinational FMCG/Pharmaceutical type organization.
- Experience with working closely with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office tools for performance reporting and analysis.
- Sound Knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.