Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of about 366 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Nigeria, Sub Saharan Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 4 business segments: Personal, Business, Commercial and Corporate & Investment banking.
The Bank has over 830,000 shareholders including several Nigerian and International Institutional Investors and has enjoyed what is arguably Africa’s most successful banking growth trajectory in the last ten years ranking amongst Africa’s top 20 banks by total assets and capital in 2011. As part of its continued growth strategy, Access Bank is focused on mainstreaming sustainable business practices into its operations. The Bank strives to deliver sustainable economic growth that is profitable, environmentally responsible and socially relevant.
Dutch Desk Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 10 Years
Job Field Banking
- The Dutch Desk manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining contacts with the local Dutch business community.
- You oversee and lead effective relationships across industry players like SMEs, Corporates and other stakeholders.
- You are a financial advisor as well as a strategic partner for clients and other stakeholders to help identify challenges and guide companies to effective access to finance.
- You will report to the Executive Director, Commercial Banking Division of Access Bank.
- You will work in close contact with the existing German Desk of DEG / Access Bank and the Business Banking team of Access Bank.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Actively monitor local market developments in the Dutch SME and Corporate financing area.
- Organize, participate in internal/external events and prepare relevant promotional presentations and other materials as and when required;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and ensure effective and follow-up of business leads;
- Understand clients’ overall business requirements and strategic objectives.
- Coordinate relevant internal processes and ensure smooth cooperation with Access Bank services (legal, risk management, compliance etc.) in the context of new portfolio transactions;
- Communicate regularly with key client contacts and ensure operational excellence.
- Work with clients to document project needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals and presentations to existing clients.
- Facilitate internal and external meetings and manage meeting summaries as needed.
- Stay current on processes and timelines to ensure projects progress in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities, issues, and other inflection points.
- Contribute to company innovation, knowledge base, and marketing/sales efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an advantage
- A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years working experience in the field of commercial banking, including trade finance
- Proven knowledge of Dutch and Nigerian culture
- Affinity with impact investing
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships and build a network in an international environment, take up opportunities independently and can create a support for this.
- Self-starting mentality and an eagerness to be part of a new team and business
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and self-motivation.
- Ability to understand clients’ business models and extrapolate opportunities.
- Proficiency with business software (e.g. the Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch both oral and written. Good knowledge of the Nigerian languages would constitute a distinct advantage;
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Leave Allowance, Medical Allowance, Bonus payments as applicable, Private Health Insurance
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.