Nestle Nigeria Plc S.A. is a Swiss multinational food and beverage company headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland. It is the largest food company in the world measured by revenues. NestlÃ©’s products include baby food, bottled water, breakfast cereals, coffee and tea, confectionery, dairy products, ice cream, frozen food, pet foods, and snacks.
Twenty-nine of NestlÃ©’s brands have annual sales of over CHF1 billion (about US$1.1 billion), including Nespresso, NescafÃ©, Kit Kat, Smarties, Nesquik, Stouffer’s, Vittel, and Maggi. NestlÃ© has 447 factories, operates in 194 countries, and employs around 333,000 people.
It is one of the main shareholders of L’Oreal, the world’s largest cosmetics company. NestlÃ© is committed to enhancing the quality of consumers’ lives through nutrition, health and wellness. Our mission of “Good Food, Good Life” is to provide the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories and eating occasions, from morning to night.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 4 Years
Job Field Procurement
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Demand Planner to develop, maintain and improve a demand plan for a portfolio of products and customers; ensuring the alignment of this demand plan with internal and external partners through the Monthly Business Planning (MBP) and collaborative planning processes. The individual would assist in identifying and managing exceptions; as well as monitor performance in order to continually improve the quality and reliability of the demand plan and the organization’s ability to sense and respond to changing circumstances.
A day in the life of:
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to manage portfolio lifecycle, such as new product launches, packaging changes, phase-in/phase-out, and product discontinuation; ensuring that demand is appropriately forecasted and maintained in all circumstances.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to drive effective MBP processes in order to reach a consensual demand plan which becomes a primary input to the Dynamic Forecast.
- Collecting information and assumptions about events and activities in relation to promotions, product launches and customer/distribution changes that form important parts of demand planning.
- Generating and maintaining statistical forecasts in SAS Forecast Studio (supported by the Demand Analyst); finalizing the total volume forecast by combining incrementals and impactors.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Minimum Relevant Work Experience:
- 2 – 4 years relevant experience in the Supply Chain function within an FMCG company.
What will make you successful:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other related courses.
- 2 – 4 years relevant experience in the Supply Chain function within an FMCG or similar company. Experience working with cross-functional teams (including Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Production and Finance) is an added advantage.
- Experience managing and relating with multiple levels of employees including mid-level to senior management categories.
- Familiarity with Monthly Business Planning processes and tools.
- Data-driven individual with strong analytical and numeracy skills; able to effectively create and interpret applicable simulations.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP (including APO DP), Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PowerBI. Knowledge of the use of SAS Forecast Studio is an added advantage.
- Great communications skills (Oral and Written).
- Forward-thinking individual with a great degree of proactiveness and innovation.
- High level of assertiveness and tenacity (can-do spirit).
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Method of Application
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.