BISWAL Limited provide a full range of services and material support to allow our clients full telecoms infrastructure deployment as well as post deployment maintenance and energy solutions and management. Biswal supports telecommunications industry leaders, both within and outside Nigeria. We acquire, develop and deploy resources in order to deliver the best possible quality in service for the telecommunications industry.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field ICT/Computer
- The Database Specialist is responsible for all aspect of a database like design data bases, perform tests and ensure standards are maintained and work with other IT professionals and managers to ensure database integrity and security are kept up with.
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tool; answering user questions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results needed
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need and Maintaining archived data
- Monitor and tune the database for optimal performance; recommend hardware and system configuration changes to optimize database and system performance
- Mitigate cross-organizational issues associated with physical data storage, access, security and database structure. Also Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model.
- Managing and monitoring data replication and support application development by providing assistance in database architecture and design techniques; review proposed changes to the RDBMS structures; review data security, data validation and data integrity controls.
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information and allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system.
- Assist in establishing data integrity and security policies and procedures for user accounts, data creation, data manipulation and data storage
- Develops software that enables retrieving and updating data on the Database also manages and updates previously developed (Biswal) software.
- Assists in the development of custom applications and procures, installs, configures and administers third-party applications needed by the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure the performance, integrity and security of the database, thereby planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users
- Ensure that: data remains consistent across the database,
- Must be proficient using Excel for data analysis and using excel data connectors
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information science or any related field.
- Any recognized professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in ICT
- At least 2 years’ programming experience building desktop apps with C#,
- At least 2 years programming experience building web apps with his/her preferred stack,
- At least 2 years programming experience building mobile android apps,
- Must be proficient using HTML, CSS, JS, XAML
- Must be familiar with managing VMs and deploying apps on AWS and also familiar with Linux OS.
- Must be familiar with the use of Ozeki SMS server and be able to identify and solve issues that arises with it.
- Knowledge about the RDBMS e.g. Must be proficient using MySQL and MSSQL.
- Knowledge of database queries
- General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database
- General understanding of storage technologies and networking.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.