Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a holding company for a group of financial technology entities that provide innovative, data-driven, end-to-end technology. We Are Venture Garden Group is an Investment Holding Company that incubates, invests in and operates early revenue, technology companies implementing proven I.T. solutions that transform companies and governmental organizations in emerging markets to high performing establishments. With a sector focused approach, our portfolio companies develop automated data collection, data management, automated billing processing, e-invoicing, payment processing, automated direct debit processing and revenue management solutions for emerging markets, particularly Africa. Read more about our thought leadership in different sectors in Africa….
How it Works We create standalone entities that leverage our core technology infrastructure (Automation+Payments + Big Data Management) across multiple industries and customers to generate diversified sources of long-term recurring revenue from stable B2B and B2C Customers. VGG also nurtures different startups along its value chain to further enhance its efficiencies and provide comprehensive solutions for its clients. We have a team of strong entrepreneurs that lead our ecosystem companies. We connect supply with demand and create exceptional value for our customers and investors in the data and payment collection processes space. We have mastered the art of executing successfully in these risky environment by adopting 5 unique business principles to de-risk our operations and produce consistent, predictable results.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Field Research
- Metrics: Define and evaluate key business metrics and understand what moves them and why.
- Data Modelling: Design well-structured tables that are at the correct grain, format, and structured for widespread use (e.g. using Kimball modeling and data normalization techniques).
- Visualization: Use Looker to design actionable and insightful reporting.
- Insight and analysis: Support the marketing team to generate forecasts, realistic commercial targets, and opportunity analysis.
- Analytical education: Hold training sessions and more to evangelize Power BI, R, or Python and data analysis best practices throughout the company.
- Software Engineering Mindset: Automate tasks and work to deploy production standard code (with unit testing, continuous integration, versioning, clean code, DRY principles, etc.).
- Master Data: Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion. Including Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Reporting: Helping develop reports and analysis. Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata. Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Technical Contribution: Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Business insight: Understand complex business processes and break down fuzzy requirements into actionable segments.
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrate maturity in the management of executive stakeholders and clients, always exceeding expectations set for continuous improvement.
- Multi-tasking: Prioritize workloads to balance conflicting priorities in order to ensure that all given deadlines are achieved to a high standard.
- Discipline, drive, depth understanding of a sector: Requires quick assimilation of the sectors/industries within the Company’s portfolio
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner with Program / Product Managers, Engineers and Business Functions to provide valuable insights and success measurement
- Technical Documentation: Proven quality of technical documentation, where required, showing attention to details and clarity with a maximum of 2 reviews. With almost zero iteration required.
- Coding (SQL primarily + Python and/or R), intermediate level
- Experience with relational databases, ETL and data acquisition
- Experience with manipulating flat files from Python
- Experience with data analytics: EDA, sampling, visualization, data cleaning/wrangling
- Experience with data warehousing and reporting tools
- Young, passionate and available to put in the long hours.
- BSc Certificate holder, Certification in a Business, Science, Mathematical or Technology related course
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar/relevant role from a reputable organization (Experience in Business Intelligence or Data Analyst roles is an advantage).
- An understanding of the role of a Business / Data Analyst in a Technology product and service company.
- Drives significant insight from information gathered on the VGG sector happenings and market trends.
- Above-average level proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft office application/tools (MS Office, Visio, Smart draw, prototyping tools)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled at managing cross-functional teams in a matric organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Execution focused – “get it done or go home” attitude
- Strong leadership, inspirational and managerial skills
- Sound Judgment and on-your-feet decision-making ability
- Excellent relational skill
- Should have a strong presence and aura of a business executive.
- Willing to get his hands dirty and write codes when required.
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi- task effectively and prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost effective use of resources
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
- Working conditions: Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity: The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Remuneration: Competitive based on experience
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.