Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
Country Security Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience: 5 Years
Job Unit Security
- The incumbent is the security lead for JTI in Nigeria with delegated responsibility from the Regional Corporate Security Director, and works in close collaboration with General Manager, Nigeria GSC Operations lead and management teams.
- The Country Corporate Security Manager provides security strategy, oversight and support to all JTI business entities, operations and projects within Nigeria.
- These strategies, oversight and support address all facets of the security program including development, review and maintenance with a risk-based and cost-effective approach which must add value to JTI operations in Nigeria.
- Primary responsibilities, include, but are not limited to, risk assessments, crisis management, personnel security, (including all aspects of travel, event and executive security), maintaining and developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders within JTI operations in Nigeria, with outside law enforcement, intelligence and security agencies and business partners, managing and developing the market and factory security teams, assessment and development of physical security arrangements incorporating the security audit program, background checks, due diligence and investigations.
- The incumbent may be called upon to provide security support in Other West Africa, or regionally, as directed by the Regional Corporate Security Director.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Risk and Crisis Management:
- The incumbent leads country efforts in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining security processes, practices and policies to reduce risk, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability through the development and maintenance of Country Security Risk Register. The overriding aim of all strategies and recommendations is to bring value from security for the business and to enable the JTI Nigeria Market and GSC operations to meet their operational objectives.
- The incumbent is a core member of the Country Crisis Management Team. As such, provides operational security support during crisis, investigative support as requested, and crisis/incident & kidnap management training to sites and market teams.
- The incumbent identifies trends and best practices in the international business environment and make recommendations to the Regional Corporate Security Director on development of policies and strategies to reduce vulnerability of JTI assets in country.
People and Asset Security:
- Through subordinate market and factory security supervisors and selected vendors, the incumbent manages the implementation of programs and support to ensure the security of executives, employees, stakeholders, visitors, etc. at their place of work and while on business travel within the market.
- The provision of security support to personnel conducting business for JT/JTI in Nigeria, to include personal protection, pre-travel or in-country security briefings, residential security surveys, special event security, ground and air transportation advice, meet and greet assistance, and advise on special projects.
- The incumbent assists on the annual Regional CS Audit Plan and conducts security audits and assessments and follow up recommendations of business operations.
- Assists the RCSD to manage the JTI Nigeria supply chain security programs to protect operations and products while ensuring brand integrity. Provides consultation to minimize supply chain losses, brand erosion and illicit product availability in the market.
- In coordination with RCSD and other functions as appropriate (e.g., Compliance, Corporate Audit, Legal, People & Culture, H&S, Operations), the incumbent will conduct objective investigations of security-related allegations/incidents as required.
- Internally – maintain and develop effective working relationships with the Nigeria Market GM, Factory Lead and members of the local EXCOM and management teams. Develops networks throughout all functions and levels to promote and drive global security initiatives. Briefs the Market GM and Factory Lead on the status of security issues and emerging threats.
- Externally – develops relationships with national and local law enforcement, business partners, and national counterparts to include in-country security agencies, intelligence and private sector counterparts. Engages, by membership, in public and private security associations.
- The incumbent is expected to exercise effective and efficient financial management of the JTI Nigeria security program which requires planning and presentation of an annual budget (LE, ASP and SPC), updates on budget within regular intervals (outlooks) and providing RCSD and Finance with appropriate reports on YTD actuals and variances.
- Management of local contracts with security service vendors for guarding operations, technology applications and specialized consulting and investigative support.
- The incumbent may manage and lead direct reports ensuring their continued development within their role and function adding greater value to the business, forming part of an ongoing succession plan and supporting career aspirations.
- The incumbent will play an active role in his/ her continued development within the CS Talent Development Program.
ARCI Vertical Responsibilities:
- Strategy: As directed/ requested Consultation to the RCSD with regards to the development of the Global CS Strategy by the CS VP
- Performance: May be RESPONSIBLE for managing and leading direct reports, ensuring their continued development within their roles and supporting their career aspirations as part of the CS succession plan, INFORMING P&C Business Partners. In Consultation with CSVP, Responsible for development and maintenance of the CS team succession plan within his/her AOR.
- Delivery: Within his / her AOR Responsible for the timely and effective delivery of the CS programs and initiatives that enable business strategy, in line with key stakeholder requests and global CS strategy and directives, in CONSULTATION with Market & Factory Management and CS teams. INFORMING RCSD on performance of the CS Function within his/her AOR, in line with Global and Regional CS guidelines and directives. In Consultation with RCSD, Accountable that the Market/ Factory CS teams timely and effectively deliver CS programs and initiatives, enabling business strategy.
- Support to Corporate Security: Consulted by GPRD Lead on the design, functionality, roll-out and implementation of support projects and initiatives to aid the timely and effective delivery of CS services, in line with Global CS guidelines and directives.
- Education: University degree or equivalent which could be exceptional experience and achievement.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years’ military, law enforcement or intelligence experience, or private sector corporate security experience.
- Languages and computer skills: English and local language fluency is essential. Must be competent in personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.