GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a British multinational pharmaceutical, biologics, vaccines and consumer healthcare company which has its headquarters in Brentford, London. As of March 2014, it was the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceutical company after Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Hoffmann-La Roche, Pfizer, and Sanofi, measured by 2013 revenue. The company was established in 2000 by the merger of Glaxo Wellcome (formed from the acquisition of Wellcome plc by Glaxo plc) and SmithKline Beecham plc (formed from the merger of Beecham Group plc and SmithKline Beckman Corporation, which in turn was formed by combining the Smith, Kline & French and Beckman companies).
The company has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As of 2 May 2014 it had a market capitalisation of Â£79 billion, the fourth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange. Andrew Witty has been the chief executive officer since May 2008. GSK manufactures drugs and vaccines for major disease areas such as asthma, cancer, infections, diabetes, digestive and mental health conditions, the biggest selling of which were Advair, Avodart, Flovent, Augmentin, Lovaza, and Lamictal in 2013.:32 Many medicines were historically discovered or developed at GSK and its predecessor companies and are now sold as generics. Its drugs and vaccines earned £21.3 billion in 2013.
Country Security Manager
- Protection of staff, company property and assets by organising effective and efficient physical security.
- Provides leadership for the security function team and nurturing the growth of subordinates.
- Maintain close liaison and work closely with, the security service provider to provide effective and cost-efficient security services.
- Develop effective communication with and develop a working relationship with external organizations such as the Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement Departments and the Police.
- Responsible for conducting risk analysis for the sites, particularly with respect to level of crime, terrorism, workplace violence, threats from natural and manmade disasters, writing review reports, reviewing findings, and making cost effective recommendations to the management.
- Maintains knowledge of current security issues and security technology and update management on risk and threat that could impact company business.
- Responds to security related problems, including the making of independent judgments and decisions on diverse matters ranging from violations of security procedures to serious emergencies involving law enforcement agencies, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Assist the GSK Nigerian Senior Leadership Team in the conduct of Country Crisis Management, including periodic training, plan reviews.
- Revamp major areas of the security function in line with the Regional Head of Security.
- Lead or support in investigations.
- Pro-actively participate in Regional Internal GSK Security Network meetings.
- Manage intelligence process activities and ensure periodic security reporting
- Proactively manage safety and security of GSK expatriate visitors and staff across Nigeria.
- Provide regular security and safety briefs/tips/alert to Management and staff
- First Degree in Environmental Sciences; Occupational Health and Safety; Safety Engineering or other related sciences.
- Prior senior management experience as a Security Head in an Multinational FMCG/Pharmaceutical type organization.
- Strong networks within the security bodies in Nigeria.
- Hold relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH International Diploma, Security and Protective services.
- Sound knowledge of local EHS regulatory requirements will be an added advantage
- Experience with working closely with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Sound knowledge of MS office tools for performance reporting and analysis.
- Sound Knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.