Avant Halogen is an indigenous human resource based company with a focus on providing professionally trained and vetted drivers to individuals and companies are currently recruiting
Control Room Operator
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Engineering
- To support Stanbic IBTC with a 24-hour Security service with the management and liaison of a professional Control Room operation
- Preparation and execution of Control Room Policies and Processes in conjunction with Stanbic IBTC
- Liaison with Security Officers on the planning of daily and shift activities.
- To provide support as far as is reasonably practicable, in the protection of Site/Company assets from the effects of fire, accidental or malicious loss or damage and unauthorized removal.
- Monitoring of CCTV system and images and responding accordingly to events
- To provide and develop all officers in a well-mannered and service-oriented way for all users of the Control Room
- Maintain Management Information (MI) up to date and secure at all times
- To produce agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’S) as agreed on a weekly / monthly basis
- Ensure measures are put in place for protection/confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information
- Maintain close links with law enforcement agencies, fire service and all internal/external responders.
- Maintains a safe operating environment with full regard to Health & Safety
- To remain alert at all times in the maintenance of the Control Rooms integrity and in the protection of its assets.
- Ensures Control Room is maintained in a state of continual operational readiness.
- Are aware of what actions to take in the event of an emergency.
- Provide telephone support service during and after working hours.
- Operate public address, personal call and two-way radio systems as required.
- Contact police and other internal/external responders if deemed necessary.
- Keep Control Room and personal appearance up to the established service.
- Carry out additional duties as required during emergencies.
- Operating computer in relation to security documents, mail etc.
- Operating and monitoring CCTV.
- Monitoring of various alarm systems and carrying our appropriate response procedures.
- Supervision of on-site Security guards
- Manage electronic and physical access systems in line with policies and procedures
- Monitoring of all PORs via CCTV and other communication resources
- Investigate security breaches and safety incidences
- Capable of communicating professionally and sometimes discreetly, on operational matters, with all team members and other personnel involved in security matters.
- Able to communicate on a daily basis with Stanbic IBTC employees effectively
- Attends and contributes to team meetings and briefings that enhance team working.
- Maintains visitor’s and contractors’ logs
- Maintains log of issuing and receiving keys
- Maintains records of lost and found property
- Maintains Control Room logbook.
- Skilled in operation of CCTV
- Have a sound knowledge of Security technique
- Understanding and ability to use computer systems in operation within the Control Room.
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Think independently under pressure
- Understanding of all alarm systems.
- Understanding of computer-based scheduling software
- Awareness of Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Age between 27 and 35
- Hold HND or BSC in Engineering, Science or Humanities
- Have minimum of 2 years cognate experience
- Experience in Financial services industry will be an added advantage.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: December 30, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using ”Control Room Operator” as the subject of the mail.