Alpha Mead Group primary focus is to provide facility management, project management and real estate development consultancy, training and professional services delivery support to corporate organisations and private investors with major real estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services while ensuring minimum total life cycle cost of the asset to the owner. In collaboration with our foreign technical partners Cluttons UK we are able to access global best practices, systems and standards to deliver best value to our customers leveraging our knowledge and expertise of the local operating environment.
Cluttons UK is a leading firm of international property consultants and chartered surveyors with a network of offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, South Africa and the Caribbean. AMFacilities is also in active collaboration with the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Nigerian chapter. Alpha Mead Facilities is the first Nigerian facilities management company to be awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification by both UKAS and ANAB in the UK and US respectively.
Contract and Procurement Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 7 Years
Job Field Procurement
- As a Contract and Procurement Manager you will understand, develop, manage and control all facets of contract formation, negotiation, and management and provide technical guidance and oversight of the procurement function to all levels of staff and management.
- You will lead and support the entire procurement life-cycle for all goods and services that the organization procures.
- You will apply professional purchasing concepts, standards, and organizational objectives to complete complex procurement/contracting assignments.
- You will lead and collaborate with business units and offices in establishing quality improvements and process efficiencies
- Provide day-to-day contract administration support and manage and administer the full life-cycle of the procurement and contracts processes.
- Draft complex legally binding contracts, agreements, or instruments such as non-disclosure, teaming and lease agreements, purchase orders, contracts and subcontracts utilizing both custom and standard terms and conditions.
- Assist staff in negotiating contract terms and conditions ensuring that they are as favorable to AMG’s business interests as possible, minimize risk and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assess, evaluate, analyze, and interpret contract or agreement terms and conditions and recommend alternative language, solutions and/or assist in resolving any supplier risk compliance, or performance issues, as necessary
- Exercise good judgment in selecting best contracting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Serve as a subject matter expert in procurement and contracting and develops standards for legally binding agreements, contracts, policies, procedures, templates, tools, and systems
- Examine, evaluate, and participate in developing and negotiating contracts, and provide technical advice and guidance to minimize risk, ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies, and realize operational effectiveness and efficiency in these functional areas
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice, recommendations, training and guidance to staff and management on contractual and procurement related issues, policies, procedures, issues, and system
- Own the procurement process and support various procurement functions such as strategic sourcing, subcontracting, vendor file management, and assist staff in drafting of requests for proposals, specifications, terms of reference, evaluation criteria and sole source justifications
- Assist clients in ensuring that for all contracts and procurement actions, appropriate documentation is obtained, tracked and maintained within corporate databases, contracts or purchasing (business) systems in an accurate, systematic and timely manner
- Provide quality assurance and oversight to global contract and procurement-related functions by evaluating and identifying gaps in legal instruments, policies, procedures, business systems, processes or tools, and recommend and implement updates and/or improvements ensuring organizational efficiency, effectiveness and standardization
- Research unique legal or contractual issues impacting the organization regarding contract, procurement, regulatory, trademark, intellectual property and other international and corporate issues by identifying related best practices statutes, regulations, judicial decisions or codes – Have the ability to understand and interpret basic legal concepts and explain legal language to staff
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years progressive, demonstrated professional contract/procurement experience including, but not limited to, sourcing, contract negotiation, monitoring and reporting contract performance
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the purchasing/contracting functions
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to others both verbally and in writing and ability to satisfactorily resolve issues with customers
- Ability to accurately read, interpret, develop, and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Strong negotiating skills
- Skilled in the development and use of ERP/financial or other business systems
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing concepts and methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.