International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D). We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades
Consultant - Supply of Goods, Works and Services
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Consultant
Objective of the Exercise
- The objective of this exercise is to attract competent organizations with potentials to create and deliver value to IITA in the exercise of the above mandates from year 2020 and beyond
- IITA invites expression of interest (EOI) from interested persons, small, medium and corporate businesses that are regulatory compliant, technically and financially eligible to participate in the prequalification and revalidation of existing registered suppliers exercise for the supply of goods works and services as listed below:
Category A – Goods
- IITA-A0120 Supply and Delivery of General Office Stationery Items
- IITA-A0220 Supply of Energy (Diesel/Petrol) and Lubricant Oil Products
- IITA-A0320 Supply of Computer Accessories and Hardware (Vendors must provide proof of registration with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for this category
- IITA-A0420 Supply and Delivery of Scientific and Laboratory Chemicals
- IITA-A0520 Supply of Scientific and Laboratory Equipment and Consumables
- IITA-A0620 Supply and Delivery of General Electronic and Electrical Items
- IITA-A0720 Supply and Delivery of Office Furniture, General Office Equipment and Furnishings
- IITA-A0820 Supply of Agricultural (Farm) Equipment
- IITA-A0920 Supply of Agro-Allied Chemical and Products (Herbicides, Fertilizers etc.)
- IITA-A1020 Supply of Tyres, Tubes and Batteries
- IITA-A1120 Supply of Vehicle Spares and Service Parts
- IITA-A1220 Supply of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- IITA-A1320 Supply of Assorted food items
- IITA-A1420 Supply of Wine and Liquor
- IITA-A1520 Supply of Kitchen Equipment
- IITA-A1620 Supply of Pizza boxes and takeaway boxes / packs
- IITA-A1720 Supply of Safety wears
- IITA-A1820 Supply of Soft Beverages
- IITA-A1920 Supply of Beer
- IITA-A2020 Supply of raw meat / dressed chicken / eggs.
Category B – Services
- IITA-B0120 Provision of Designs, Printing and Promotional Materials Services
- IITA-B0220 Provision of Photocopier/Fax Machines Repairs and Maintenance Services
- IITA-B0320 Provision of Event Management and Outdoor Catering Services
- IITA-B0420 Provision of Fumigation, Pest Control and Sanitary Services
- IITA-B0520 Provision of Waste Management and Disposal Services
- IITA-B0620 Provision of Accommodation and Conference Facilities Services
- IITA-B0720 Provision of borehole dredging and irrigation services
- IITA-B0820 Provision of Dam dredging services.
Category C – Works
- IITA-C0120 Provision of Building and Construction Works
- IITA-C0220 Provision of Plumbing and Carpentry Works
- IITA-C0320 Provision of Fixture and Fitting Works
- IITA-C0420 Provisions for Electrical Works.
Terms and Conditions for Pre-Qualification:
- Companies / persons with interest to participate in the exercise are requested to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) with the followings:
- Companies’ Name, Postal and Physical location addresses
- Phone number and email addresses
- Name and title of contact person
- Company background and profile of the Board of Directors
- Verifiable evidence of experience and reputation in the supply of relevant products and services with evidence of previous supplies, works and service
- Certificate of Incorporation or Registration
- Letter of Credit worthiness indicating eligible amount from bank or any other reputable / accredited credit firm.
- Audited Financial statement for years 2017, 2018 and 2019
- VAT Registration certificate where applicable
- Valid Income Tax Clearance certificate for years 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Minimum of Three (3) Reputable Organizations as Referees.
Preferred Credit Limit to the Institute in Terms of Value:
- Please signify your credit limit to the Institute in terms of monetary value
- Vendors must provide a credit limit of their choice and make a formal statement in their application on a separate page.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) in properly marked “IITA Supplier / Contractor Pre-qualification 2020” sealed in an envelope and addressed to:
Head, Supply Chain,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA),
Idi-ose, Oyo Road,
P.M.B. 5320 Ibadan,
- The above method of submission is for both potential vendors for fresh application and existing vendors for revalidation sake.
- This Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) does not constitute a solicitation, therefore IITA reserves the right to change or cancel the requirements at any time during EOI and/or solicitation process
- Your response to this EOI does not automatically guarantee that such a firm will be considered for receipt of the solicitation when issued
- Only vendors deemed qualified upon completion of an objective evaluation of their submission of EOI, will receive acknowledgement of being included in supplier database of the Institute.