The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries. Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D). We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades.
Consultancy Services: Enable TAAT Liaison Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 Years
Job Field Agro-Allied/Consultancy
- This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared on the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website(www.afdb.org) 16th August, 2018.
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contract for individual consultant, Enable TAAT Liaison Officer.
- The Consultant will serve as project Liaison Officer implementing ENABLE-TAAT activities in location of operation by Identifying business opportunities and prospective potential successful business alliances Supervising and monitoring developed enterprises in Abuja by providing regular analysis of the agribusinesses alongside the project Business Development officer and M&E officer.
- The Consultant will also coordinate the compilation of information for the preparation of progress reports, implementation reports and other substantive reports of the location of operation as required; Provide input into the preparation of annual project work plans and budgets.
- He or She will coordinate the delivery, collation and submission of project financial and progress information in a timely and comprehensive manner to the compact coordination team; organize and supervise incubation activities and reporting such activities; Contribute to the development and packaging of agribusiness planning materials for the ENABLE-TAAT compact in close interactions and collaborations with compact coordination team and other TAAT program compacts; Manage monitoring of youth and agribusiness databases in relation to the various established enterprises
- The desired consultant should possess B.Sc. / HND in Agricultural Science / Extension Services and other related courses with at least (2) years of relevant job experience from International organizations / NGOs / donors preferably linked to tropical agriculture or International development.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: August 7, 2020
Method of Application
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (0800-1630hrs). Expressions of interest should be delivered to the address below on or before the closing date above, to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD,
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub,
Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
International Mailing Address:
IITA, Carolyn House, 26 Dingwall Road,
Croydon, CR9 3EE, UK.
Tel: +234 2 7517472 | USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113785 | Mobile No: +234 8169020531
Email: C.Akem@cgiar.org Skype: (bobesancte)
- Interested individual consultants must provide comprehensive curriculum vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions.
- The consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Bank’s October 2015 edition of the Bank’s Procurement Policy framework 1. The assignments shall be for a duration of one year and is expected to start on August 17, 2020.