MasterCard Nigeria is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the MasterCard International Global Headquarters, Purchase, New York, United States, in Westchester County. The Global Operations Headquarters is located in O’Fallon, Missouri, United States, a suburb of Saint Louis, Missouri. Throughout the world, its principal business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or credit unions of the purchasers who use the “MasterCard” brand debit and credit cards to make purchases.
MasterCard Worldwide has been a publicly traded company since 2006. Prior to its initial public offering, MasterCard Worldwide was a cooperative owned by the 25,000+ financial institutions that issue its branded cards. MasterCard, originally known as Interbank/Master Charge, was created by several California banks as a competitor to the BankAmericard issued by Bank of America, which later became the Visa credit card issued by Visa Inc.. From 1966 to 1979, MasterCard was called “Interbank” and “Master Charge”.
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, information and risk management services to financial institutions, merchants and governments worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard’s strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard’s global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
Role Description and Major Responsibilities
- Consulting engagement delivery, interact with mid- to senior- level clients and internal partners. Rigorously and logically identify issues covering entire client problem, including:
- Perform sophisticated, hypotheses-driven analysis with broad oversight
- Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations
- Create effective, impactful and quality assured storylines and slides
- Identify creative and useful additional analyses required and suggest new paradigms for recommendations
- Independently assess client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
- Develop effective working relationships with mid-level client management and engage audience with verbal communications and presentations
- Build peer relationships with key team members to identify opportunities to broaden relationships
- Engage in client communications with client peer group within the framework of the overall communications strategy
- Proactively seek opportunities to support proposal preparation
- Identify client challenges and formulate ideas on opportunities to leverage Mastercard Advisors capabilities, surfacing these to senior Advisors staff
- Actively contributes to Special Interest Groups by participating in creating points of view, articles, methodologies
- Proactively seeks opportunities to lead small projects
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
Experience and Skills Needed:
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.