At Aspilos Foundation, everything we do can be summarised into this: we school, stimulate and shape. With over 40% of the African population between the ages of 15 and 24 and half the population of Sub Saharan Africa being below 18, we recognise that young people are a large part of Nigeria and Africa and are very crucial to the development of the country and continent. To support our belief, we train and we advocate in a bid to see the young people of Africa excelling at and getting maximum yield from their occupations and being active citizens that participate in affairs that affect the growth and development of their country and the continent. We are therefore committed to developing young people especially young women so that they are innovative, ethical, dynamic and responsible. We are committed to seeing that Africa, the youngest continent is at par with other continents in terms of development. We are committed to harnessing the potential of young people for societal development.
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BSC/BA/HND, OND
Job Unit Media/Advertising
Job Field: Media/ Advertising and Branding.
Category: Customer Service, Public Relations and Communications, Online Media
Level: Recent Graduate
Job Type: Full-Time, Internship (Full-Time)
Start Date: 1st April 2020.
Content & Publication:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Work with other employees to curate project driven content for the organisationТs blogs and social media accounts.
- Assist technical staff with public outreach/awareness campaigns.
- Create positive PR opportunities for Aspilos Foundation through engagement onsocial media.
- Engage with stakeholders, development and government agencies, customers/clients, etc. through the various channels.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Maintain the highest standards and global best practices of communication at all times.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Carry out a quarterly evaluation on the communication patterns on all platforms.
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over.
- You must however be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
The Ideal Person Must
- Have a good command of English, oral and written
- Be ready to continuously learn
- Be good with research
- Be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be tech savvy
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: March 27, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.