United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) contributes to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals in Nigeria with a mandate to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. UNICEF’s Nigeria country programme: Aims to accelerate the realization of the rights of all children and women to survival, development, protection and participation. Promotes efforts to reduce infant, child and maternal mortality; expand access to quality basic education; and strengthen social and child protection systems. Uses a rights-based and gender-sensitive approach Plays a catalytic role in supporting federal, state and local governments in identifying key bottlenecks that hinder realization of the rights of disadvantaged children, supported by equity-focused, inclusive advocacy, planning, action and monitoring at all levels. Supports adolescent development.
Communication Assistant, GS-5
Job Type Full Time
Qualification BA/BSC/HND, -SSCE
Job Field Media/Advertising
- The field office in Lagos is looking for a versatile multi-tasker with excellent communication skills
- Candidates should be able to assist the Communication and field office team with information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services, budgeting and programme management in support of Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships activities.
- Specifically, the candidate will provide support to the CAP Manager, the Communication, Advocacy and Partnerships (CAP) Section and the Lagos Field Office as a whole.
- To be successful in this role, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate.
- They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to help and support others and meet each challenge directly.
- The communication Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, programme budgeting, excel at both verbal and written communication.
- Most importantly, the preferred person must demonstrate that they have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Key Function, Accountabilities and Related Duties / Tasks
- Support to communications planning and execution
- Support to communication service delivery
- Support in managing programme results
- Administrative and clerical support
- Completed Secondary Education required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience supporting programme management, development communication, programme budgeting and programme management work
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of an additional UN Language is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Click here to view our competency framework http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: April 22, 2020
Method of Application
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles
- All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.