International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. The company was founded in 1911 as the Computing Tabulating Recording Company (CTR) through a merger of three companies: the Tabulating Machine Company, the International Time Recording Company, and the Computing Scale Company.
CTR adopted the name International Business Machines in 1924, using a name previously designated to CTR’s subsidiary in Canada and later South America. Securities analysts nicknamed IBM Big Blue in recognition of IBM’s common use of blue in products, packaging, and logo. In 2012, Fortune ranked IBM the No. 2 largest U.S. firm in terms of number of employees (435,000 worldwide), the No. 4 largest in terms of market capitalization, the No. 9 most profitable, and the No. 19 largest firm in terms of revenue. Globally, the company was ranked the No. 31 largest in terms of revenue by Forbes for 2011.
Other rankings for 2011/2012 include No. 1 company for leaders (Fortune), No. 1 green company worldwide (Newsweek), No. 2 best global brand (Interbrand), No. 2 most respected company (Barron’s), No. 5 most admired company (Fortune), and No. 18 most innovative company (Fast Company). IBM has 12 research laboratories worldwide and, as of 2013, has held the record for most patents generated by a company for 20 consecutive years.
Client Technical Specialist
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Sales/Marketing
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners.
As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The IBM Security Client Technical Specialist position is an integral part of the sales organization and work closely with the Sales team through the PreSales cycle.
- The role requires carrying out solution technical presentations, demonstrations, delivering Proof-of-Concepts and ensure client readiness for the implementation of proposed security solutions.
- The role also expects Business Partner technical enablement are delivered for security intelligence, data monitoring and protection. Business Partner technical enablement are a channel to build Business Partner ecosystem, to keep them up to date with new security capabilities incorporated within our products and solutions.
- In this role, you will be a solution subject matter expert – analyzing customer situations and requirements and designing high quality security solutions, which are tailored to the client’s business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
- It is essential that you are to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the IBM Security portfolio and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business.
- Technical Accelerators that includes solution presentation, demonstrations, Proof of Technology & Proof of Concepts for IBM Security products.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones such as architecture & design, installation & production setup Acts as IBM Security subject-matter technical expert to validate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Build confidence with clients to become their trusted advisor for security.
- Supports sales team on prospect conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits by providing product demonstrations; expertly responds to technical questions and explains features in the context of solving customer’s business problems using IBM Security Solutions.
- Leads technical response to client’s Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) with the ability to articulate through writing clearly high- quality responses that describes the solution and how it meets the customers’ functional and non-functional requirements.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value. Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities with the customer with Opportunity Identification.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, intervening or alerting the sales and account teams to potential risks.
- Effectively communicate within the IBM Security Systems Division providing feedback from the field in support of business opportunities that can grow our security solution.
- Help deliver Business Partner technical enablement as the channel to continually build & maintain their skills.
- Holds a University Degree preferably with a Master of Science Degree
- CISSP or equivalent technical certification
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to engage with multiple customers and transform their requirements to security solution design.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Technical consulting/Technical sales/Technical Architecture experience in IT security encompassing On- Premise and SaaS solutions.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in cybersecurity field implementing IT security solutions.
- A board range hands-on experience on security products demonstrated in the field.
- Experience in engaging with clients to help design threat management and data security solutions.
- Flexible to change and time-manage between multiple customer projects.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.