Citibank Nigeria has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi’s global brand and identity. The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing mostly corporate clients. Citi Nigeria offers a broad range of services, including global transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations.
Within the industry, Citi is known for its innovation as it has successfully leveraged its global network and extensive knowledge base to offer its Nigerian clients innovative products and services. Businesses The bank offers a broad range of services, including transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 – 3 Years
Job Field Banking
- Our employees are energetic and dedicated individuals who work in a fast-paced and challenging position that relies on the ability to think and react quickly, formulate creative solutions to pressing problems, and serve clients with dedication.
- Our employees serve as the human voice and personality behind the Citi brand as they provide quality customer service with each and every client interaction.
- The Teller is an entry-level position responsible for assisting with the execution of branch activities, including the day-to-day delivery of client-facing services and processing transactions, in coordination with the Customer Service function.
- The overall objective is to provide high quality customer service and to help the branch generate revenue by delivering optimal solutions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Citi clients and provide a positive first impression through friendly and efficient customer service
- Perform efficient and accurate banking transactions including, managing cash supply for the branch, processing incoming/outgoing cash deposits, and maintaining branch vault cash
- Identify referral opportunities for new products and services based on client’s financial goals
- Educate clients on digital and self-service opportunitties offered by Citi
- Adhere to bank policies, operational controls, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Ensure all client needs are met and effectively manage any client issues/concerns, escalating as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of client accounts as well as new and existing products and services offered
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated sales and customer service or experience
- Money handling experience
- Effective problem-solving communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Quick thinking
- Digitally savvy.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.