MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. MTN paid $285m for one of four GSM licenses in Nigeria in January 2001. To date, in excess of US$1.8 billion has been invested building mobile telecommunications infrastructure in Nigeria. Since launch in August 2001, MTN has steadily deployed its services across Nigeria.
It now provides services in 223 cities and towns, more than 10,000 villages and communities and a growing number of highways across the country, spanning the 36 states of the Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Many of these villages and communities are being connected to the world of telecommunications for the first time ever. The company\’s digital microwave transmission backbone, the 3,400 Kilometre Y\’elloBahn was commissioned by President Olusegun Obasanjo in January 2003 and is reputed to be the most extensive digital microwave transmission infrastructure in all of Africa. The Y\’elloBahn has significantly helped to enhance call quality on MTN network.
Chief Marketing Officer
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Marketing Processes are aligned to achieve all elements on the business score card.
- Review MTNN corporate strategy and assess resource requirements for Marketing & Strategy division to operate effectively and meet set targets, as well as develop budget for Marketing & Strategy operations.
- Develop / Maintain MTNN tariff / pricing strategy on all commercial / retail tariffs, as well as interconnect tariff regimes within Business Plan parameters.
- Build a clear and coherent strategy for Customer and Competitor Knowledge to provide an enterprise level understanding of MTNN’s existing customer base to the business and leverage the intelligence to develop value adding initiatives to support MTN’s goals and revenue objectives.
- Deliberate ecosystem management to achieve business objectives (value creation), brand value & corporate positioning
- Develop integrated strategic & tactical marketing plans to address current and future business activities. Monitor and measure results against MTN business plan, and ensure budget optimization
- Design a strategic framework for the development of Brand theme communication plans and campaign and put in place the mechanism to track and report back on the image and reputation of MTN, to enable refinement of communication plans.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and champion related initiatives to exploit market opportunities that reflect alignment with MTN’s innovative brand leadership and philosophy.
- Identify, evaluate, and track the development needs and performance of staff within the division, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- BA, BSc, MSc, MBA or Other
Experience & Training:
- Minimum of 12 years’ work experience
- At least 5 years of Senior Leadership experience in a marketing function of a large global/multinational organization/FMCG
- Deep social media experience and digitally savvy with expert level experience using analytics to drive marketing efforts
- Proven track record of designing and implementing strategic marketing objectives
- Proven track record of strategic business improvement projects
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.