Jumia Nigeria is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Chief Financial Officer - Jumia
To provide leadership support to the Finance and Accounting team whilst providing strategic financial recommendations to the executive team.
- Defining and implementing the financial strategy in collaboration with the Group CFO and the local CEO.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes with executive team
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the business
- Overseeing and ensuring the accurate/timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of budgets, financial reports and analyses, evaluate cash flow projections
- Leading the accounting function, maintaining the financial accounting systems and best practices of accounting processes.
- Ensuring compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Designing policies and processes for internal control to minimize business risk and comply with local and international accounting standards
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Oversee cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting related course.
- At least 10 years of experience in Audit or Operational Finance
- Working experience in any of the big 4s’ audit firms preferred
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external affiliates including clients
- Successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.