Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone/Francophone, West Africa, East Africa and the United Kingdom. The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda and the United Kingdom. The Bank has a corporate banking bias and strong service culture that have enabled it record consistent year on year growth in clientele base and key financial indices since its inception in 1990.
Talent & Performance Management Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Human Resources
- Senior Analyst – talent & performance management, manages and coordinates organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management (PM) and quality improvement (QI) programs are developed and managed in alignment to ongoing strategic objectives.
- This position will also conduct full life cycle recruitment in sourcing the best talent for Guaranty Trust Bank, as well as maintaining effective programs for top talent identification, retention, promotion and succession planning.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Create programs for top talent and high potential employees that see to their identification, performance management, learning and development, career pathing and mobility.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g. succession planning).
- Participate in organizational strategic planning for PM and QI policy development.
- Research and assist in the development of training and development programs.
- Serve as a business partner with BU hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies.
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Develop, initiate and maintain effective programs for workforce retention, promotion and succession planning.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Conduct presentations and training.
- Recruit full-time, contractual and intern personnel. Manage full life-cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.). Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start.
- Work closely with the HR Heads to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Social Sciences.
- 5+ years of broad HR experience, with at least 3 of which must be as a specialist focusing on Talent management and/or Performance management and Learning and Development.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics, and relationship management.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Professional certification in Human Capital from any of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) UK
- Experience in financial services or management consultancy, a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
Internal Audit Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 Years
Job Field Finance/Accounting
- The internal audit analyst will provide assistance to the Group Head of Internal Audit with the development of internal audit policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for the Group.
- He/she will also provide support to the Group Head of Internal Audit with the objective of ensuring the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls within the Group.
- In addition, he/she will assist with the coordination of Group quality audits (as and when needed).
- Assisting with the design of policies, guidelines, processes and controls of internal audit activities across the Group
- Assisting with the monitoring and compliance with set policies through mechanisms that measure and ensure consistent adherence by subsidiary internal audit functions
- Assisting with the coordination of audit plans developed by internal audit teams of various subsidiaries in the Group
- Assisting with the review of outcomes of internal audits conducted by all subsidiaries and provide assistance with the drafting of feedback to improve audit quality and efficiency
- Monitoring the implementation of audit recommendations across all subsidiaries through a Group-wide audit monitoring tool
- Assisting with the preparation of a consolidated view of all audit reports across the Group for the Group Head of Internal Audit
- 4+ years’ audit experience in banking, and/or other financial services businesses
Skills and knowledge:
- Chartered professional in accounting, audit, or risk management with 3+ years’ post-qualification experience from a top-tier university.
- Additional qualification/certification e.g., FRM, CFA, CIA, CISA or related certification is required
- Some knowledge of the internal audit standards in Nigeria is advantageous as is knowledge about the standards of other African countries
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good standing and assertiveness, with excellent teamwork attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and project management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good investigative skills
- Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Sufficiently knowledgeable on the various relevant Audit standards i.e., IIA, NCCG etc.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.