DT One is on the path of an exciting growth phase as it expands markets and extends new offerings in the digital value domain. A career with DT One provides invaluable experience in an exciting and rapidly expanding market and an opportunity to be part of a truly global company with various offices worldwide and a workforce that includes dozens of different nationalities.
To accelerate growth, DT One is seeking a Business Development Manager who will help drive this next phase of growth. This role will be based in Nigeria and should ideally have a good understanding of the telecom space, mobile financial world and the digital industry. A network of key relations across these industry verticals is important. This role will be part of the Business team reporting into our Executive Vice President, Sales.
Business Development Manager
Job Type Full Time
Job Unit Business Development
- Full ownership of Sales revenue and margins across designated markets (West Africa).
- Complete account management of providers (managing all buying from telcos & other providers). This includes revenue responsibility, cost negotiations and improving buying & payment terms).
- Complete account management of existing customers including key account contact, forecasting, identifying new growth areas (depth and breadth), managing pricing and closing agreement/contracts.
- Initiate new partnerships/accounts across our full range of digital value services. This includes prospecting telco’s, fintech companies and digital partnerships with brands, advertisers and app owners).
- Attend trade shows, source leads, follow sales process and report back to sales management team.
- Ensure all specific reporting within required time frame including full use of CRM tool with precision,
- Provide timely feedback to line manager about performance, sales activity, account management and strategy,
- Ensure account retention, contractual health, well-being and maximum satisfaction of clients,
- Initiate and maintain a strong link between customers and back office services in order to ease communication and facilitate the resolution of any issues,
- Manage operations, develop business and increase overall profitability,
- Study and understand the various product offerings and its distribution channels,
- Identify trends by researching industry, related events and announcements, and
- Effectively communicate the needs of your customers to the support team.
- Direct or indirect work experience in the Mobile Financial Services Industry,
- Results-oriented with great skills in communication, organization and negotiation,
- Ability to interact at C-Level, superior networking skills,
- CRM proficiency is a plus,
- Flexible, self-motivated, disciplined, takes ownership of job at hand,
- Team-oriented, able to accept and create change,
- Prior experience in telecommunications is preferred,
- Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements,
- Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant clients/partners, third parties and internal colleagues,
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team,
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Fluent English speaker
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.