WINCO FOAM Industries Limited is a wholly indigenous private limited company incorporated on March 18th 1983. The company since 1978 has been operating in Nigeria as one of the leading commercial organizations involved in so many activities including foam manufacturing and trading activities. WINCO FOAM Industries Limited is one of the largest continuous polyurethane foam manufacturers with head office located in Lagos. The Company is family owned and operated and has been dedicated to manufacturing high quality polyurethane foam and bedding products for 30 years.
Since its early beginning as a box foam producer in Lagos with a small market presence, the company has grown and expanded into a continuous foam producer with three large multi-million naira production plants in Nigeria strategically located to serve all the markets in the country. The first production line (Canon Viking, United Kingdom), that is the state-of-the-art Omega 600 maxfoam, has a capacity of 350 kilos per minute. The second production line (CRMTO, Taiwan) has a capacity of 250 kilos/ min and the last production line (Sunkist, Taiwan) has also a capacity of 250 kilos/ min.
Business Development Manager
About the Role
- The ideal candidate should have experience in all stages of the sales cycle. Plan and implement sales strategies targeted at growing customer base and managing existing ones to further gain traction.
- The ideal candidate should be full of energy and possess the requisite skills in business to business type sales.
- Develop Sales strategy, sales plan: yearly, quarterly and monthly .
- Be conversant with and monitor market development, competition and pricing in order to evolve the marketing and business development strategy.
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met.
- Generate business leads and following up on sales opportunities.
- Arrange periodic meetings with customers and carrying out product demonstrations.
- Research the market and identifying potential target customers.
- Integrate and align the activities of the department with the rest of the Company for synergy of delivery.
- Accountable for timely, periodic and relevant market information and analytics as well as competitive intelligence to guide investment decisions.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage same accordingly.
- Manage a potential customer database with differentiated service propositions to each segment.
- Update the price list for different products and services in alignment with the projected revenue expectations; ensuring this is properly disseminated and adopted by the sales team.
- Work with team members to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle queries & objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Examine risks and potentials for new business opportunities and develop adequate strategies to mitigate against such risks
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or a related field. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 5 years work experience in a similar function. Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a management role.
- Business and Commercial knowledge
- Relationship Management – excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Presentation and Engagement skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented, numerate and good multitasking capabilities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet applications.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.