Aldelia Group global management strategy delivers specialised services to the Oil & Gas sector from dedicated teams in each key strategic region. From these centres we can support our clients locally by being able to take advantage of the local labour markets whilst also having the ability to resource candidates internationally for technical, engineering and higher level positions which require industry leading professionals with international profiles.
Each regional team is guided by a common set of processes and working practices within a robust operational structure to ensure a consistent high quality of delivery which our clients can depend on in any market. The origin of Aldelia gives a good indication of what the company was meant to be.
Associate, Marketing & Communication
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 8 Years
Job Field Sales/Marketing
- Our client in the Finance sector is looking to fill the position of Associate, Marketing & Communication. Financial services knowledge and background is a must.
- Candidates must come from a finance background, work experience spanning across the finance sector.
- The focus areas are: Market research, technical writing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, marketing, communication, marketing and communication performance evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent writing skills
- An understanding of all media platforms / channels, including digital and social media. A demonstrable ability and desire to support business development by developing and implementing marketing/communication initiatives and campaigns.
- Marketing & Communication – The candidate must be able to support the marketing, communication, investment, investor relations deal teams throughout the deal cycle from origination to financial close and commercial operations.
- Provide knowledge of the client’s mission, operations and impacts to stakeholders: Tier 1 International media, prospective investors, clients – project sponsors, governments; potential business partners – DFIs, other financial institutions, legal firms, consultants; governments; opinion formers – regulators, business community, academia, advocates.
- Raise awareness of Brand client’s pan-African interests and development across Africa. Position Brand as a leader in the financing of the Infrastructure asset class.
- Maintain current media, stakeholder, and marketing databases.
- Provide intelligence about 3rd party opinions of the client within different country governments and amongst other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the corporation’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished.
- Research institutional investor and infrastructure information; examine economic trends, analyze financial and industry data to provide a sound basis for marketing and communication decisions across target countries, sectors, companies, and projects.
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral for the Corporation. Deliver an integrated and comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy and programme across Africa and globally. Prepare detailed presentation materials for delivery to potential local and international Tier I media, including media kits, project factsheets, digital marketing proposals and various bidding materials as required to create business development opportunities for the Corporation.
- Draft thought leadership articles, conference papers, speeches for publication, press briefings and other related external communications.
- Digital marketing – Prepare content for all digital communication assets/channels. A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms / channels, including digital and social media.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Public Relations – Execute industry specific public relations and social media programs including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and the client Blog.
- Proactively build media and branding relationships. Facilitate media briefings alongside the client’s PR and marketing agencies.
- Assist in all aspects of the Corporation’s local and global external relations activities, including handling of government and regulatory bodies, media publications, interviews, queries, and press conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting and Relationship:
- The selected candidate will report directly to the Senior Vice President Communication.
- A strong first Degree in Business Administration or its constituents (Economics, Law, Operations Research) Social Sciences, Journalism; from a globally accredited University, or background in communication.
- A post-graduate or professional qualification would be an advantage.
- min of 3-8 yearsmax professional experience, preferably in communication or journalism, economics or investment banking.
- Exceptional communication, research, analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong research skills, with a clear capacity to develop research material using publicly available information, and by leveraging various networks and internal resources available. Strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed communication and business writing skills, including an ability to interface directly and effectively with senior officers internally and externally.
- Good market knowledge of the investment sector in Africa generally, and the infrastructure segment specifically, with basic knowledge of the key markets, sponsors, and competitors.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstration of adequate knowledge of economic, financial, industry, development, social and other forces that may create or increase risk for the corporation.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Previous professional experience in marketing or communication, complemented with relevant experience and understanding of economic development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and project finance.
- Must be based in Lagos.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: January 24, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who match the above description should apply. You will not be contacted if otherwise.