SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere.
We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Associate Manager, Customer Marketing
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Media/Advertising
- We are looking for an experienced Customer Marketeer to join our commercial team at SC Johnson. As an Associate Manager you will be responsible for developing specific Customer Marketing strategies and for the management and delivery of priorities for the assigned Category (to be defined) in the West Africa markets.
- The successful candidate will partner with Marketing and Sales in the timely execution of Category specific global driven commercialization and Base/Expand initiatives. Furthermore, you will assist Cluster Customer Marketing Manager in selecting and prioritizing customer marketing initiatives to be deployed within the country and across the cluster for the assigned category, based on local knowledge, and monitor consistency of local execution.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- New Product Development and Category specific projects; including but not limited to ensuring that Trade Bundles developed by the Global Customer Marketing (GCM) team for the assigned Category are appropriately adopted/adapted by the Cluster, and implementation plans are prioritized, resources fairly and optimally allocated, and implementation monitored
- Supporting the Cluster CM Manager in identifying opportunities and timely execution of plans to provide scale and efficiency benefits to the Cluster and Category by eliminating duplication of work
- Together with Marketing, review and help optimize SKU assortment for the Category, aligned with HQ/Product Supply/Marketing & Commercialization directions, and deliver SKU objectives
- As needed, provide Category support to the Sales Team in the development and presentation of Joint Business Plan with major Global/Regional customers; and also in the development of Category Vision presentation
- Propose and conduct Category specific shopper studies for the Cluster, and cascade study synopsis, learnings, implications and action plans to address opportunities
- Support Cluster CM Manager in the selection of Category projects, initiatives, prioritization and allocation of resources (promotions, mix component of trade spend, etc.) and together with Sales, co-manage the Category allocated trade spend ensuring establishment and conduct of appropriate controls to manage resources, and leads course correction for the Equity-Building component of trade spending to stay within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree level education in a marketing discipline
- Strong (c. 5 years) FMCG Customer Marketing experience within a multinational in a Household Care Company
- Excellent data analytics skills using local data research software (Nielson, Kantar, IRI etc)
- Clear understanding of the different channel Go-To-Market principles/strategies, structures -Retail, Wholesale, Distributor, and Club
- Proven track record having profitably grown a business, having developed and implemented the appropriate policies and processes necessary to drive and manage a business, and having infused his/her cross functional teams with a clear and focused drive for measurable performance.
- Strategic mind set, understands the strategic & tactical nature of the business.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to strict deadlines with a sense of ownership, drive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management and cross-functionality experience.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Note: You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.