Unilever Nigeria Plc brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh. People’s lives are changing fast. As the way we all live and work evolves, our needs and tastes change too. At Unilever we aim to help people in their daily lives. So we keep developing new products, improving tried and tested brands and promoting better, more efficient ways of working. We have a portfolio of brands that are popular across the country. Popular because of our two key strengths: Strong roots in local markets and first-hand knowledge of the local culture. World-class business expertise applied internationally to serve consumers everywhere.
Focusing on performance and productivity, we encourage our people to develop new ideas and put fresh approaches into practice. Hand in hand with this is a strong sense of responsibility to the communities we serve. We don’t only measure success in financial terms; how we achieve results is important too. We work hard to conduct our business with integrity – respecting our employees, our consumers and the environment around us. Unilever is proudly one of the country’s leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods in all our three divisions – Foods, home care and personal care.
Assistant Marketing Manager - Shopper Marketing, Unilever International
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 5 Years
Job Field Sales/Marketing
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing cluster that has grown from 250mn to over 1 bn in the last 7 years and has an ambition to double yet again to 2bn in the next 5 years ? Do you want the opportunity to build Unilever’s portfolio across categories in white spaces? If so the Asst. Marketing Manager , Shopper Marketing Nigeria, Unilever International is for you.
- The role will report into the Sr. Marketing Manager – NAMET RUB & AFRICA for Unilever International based in Lagos Nigeria . The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain, Local MOCs and finance teams across UI and Local MCO.
Main Job Purpose
- Nigeria has the largest population of any country in Africa, with over 200mil people, 50% of whom live in urban cities. The market size of Deo’s is currently small at only E64m, with low penetration and consumption, and has been identified as a priority “Future Growth Market” by the GCLT. This means Nigeria will receive the support of Global Category to develop this market with support from the global Rexona team, with a MD strategy, plan & relevant support assets.
- The ambition is to double the size of the business within the next 3 years, through a structured and consistent “market development” approach, using the best practice from other developed Deo’s markets globally.
- The people resource vision is to have a small Deo’s squad, based in Nigeria, to lead the market development work. This squad will comprise 1 x UI CD Manager (Deo’s Business Unit Lead) + 1x Marketing/Brand Manager (responsible for deployment of the marketing development program across all channels).
- A self-starter, with a strong bias for action, unafraid to get “your hands dirty”.
- Help Marketing Manager in planning & marketing deployment to ensure we build sustainable growth going forward.
- Local Shopper marketing insight & market knowledge, with ability to get things done working through people & activation agencies.
- Drive Consumer Activation and large scale
- Engage with Category Team across different Key MT and LMT chains to develop best in class In store execution
- Good grasp of ROI of key activation, ability to learn from past campaign and keep improving as we go on the journey
- Ability to hold self & others accountable.
- Ability to think & work independently, whilst managing key stakeholders.
- Accessible & transparent, always ensuring good communication with Global / Regional Category team.
- Strong values of integrity & transparency
- Prior experience in Shopper Marketing is also an advantage.
- Job requirements – be open to being flexible
- The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
- Marketing Manager, Global BD brand teams & Local Modern Trade team across brands and categories, UI SC and Finance.
Critical success Factors for the Job
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications:
- Exceptional drive and a positive passion to create brilliant mixes and create exceptional marketing solutions
- Willingness to break records
- Focus on continuous learning
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Ability to challenge the status quo and ask the question why not
- Willingness to engage in robust discussions on strategy and air your own point of view
- Confidently work with senior stakeholders without losing one’s point of view
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results.
Relevant Experience / SOL
- Experience in BB /or Shopper Marketing in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Strong track record of consistent in market delivery
- Deep desire to do something exceptional in life
- 3-5 years experience in Branding and Marketing.
- Bias for Action
- Growth Mindset.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.