Airtel Nigeria Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high speed broadband through DSL,IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G mobile services. Bharti Airtel had over 264 million customers across its operations at the end of July 2012.
Area Technical Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 10 Years
Job Field ICT/Computer
- To coordinate, control, manage, support and track day-to-day network operations in the Area to ensure optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality and customer focus
- Providing local network support for both the Sales and marketing team in the Areas to ensure the overall network management and quality
- The ATO is the Network SPOC in their respective area and executing arms of Network in the Region
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interface with Zonal Business Manager to understand commercial plans and determine required network support for same
- Ensure OPEX efficiency of MSC locations by ensuring prompt payment of utility bills, effectively managing the electricity distribution companies to avert power disconnections to the data centers and reduced diesel consumption
- Track and lead Correction of Zonal Network performance (Various Network KPIs and Network Availability)
- Manage MS Vendor partners to ensure all the Customer Complaints in the Zone are timely Resolved
- Network Interface to both internal and external stakeholders especially Commercial teams to ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable KPIs.
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Master’s Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Cross-functional knowledge of Telecommunications Network
- 5-10 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 3-5 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Do not miss any job posting updates, Join our Social Media handles to get the latest information and all the Basic tips of applying for jobs.