Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading fund manager and advisory firm focused on west Africa with deep roots in private equity, financial advisory, management consulting and agribusiness. When you partner with Sahel, you benefit from quality financial and operating experience, broad industry knowledge, and a powerful network of global relationship
Administrative / Accounts Officer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Administration
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live.
- The program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Admin / Accounts officer major responsibilities are outlined below:
- The Admin / Accounts is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Proper documentation of supporting documents for all transactions.
- Petty cash Management (log reconciliation, fund disbursement and reimbursement)
- Reconciliation of expenses for trip advancements
- Compilation and monitoring of staff Timesheets
- Responsible for filing of monthly returns with tax authorities.
- Proper reconciliation and preparation of payment schedule for project extension agents.
- Monitor the contracting process and assist in the preparation of contracts.
- Reconciliation of vehicles fuel cards and proper substantiation.
- Obtain price quotations, negotiate with vendors and present a cost benefit analysis with recommendations, to further inform decision making on procurement processes
- Responsible for overseeing the procurement process.
- Responsible for ensuring proper procurement process are followed.
- Coordination repairs and maintenance of Property, Plant and Equipment.
- Ensuring that day-to-day operations of the organization is not hindered.
- Tracking of utility bills and facilitating payment as need arises.
- Planning and coordination of events, meetings, and other social engagements.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the management.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get job/scholarship update on WhatsApp
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgement. Ability to understand current issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.