Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange. In its 54 year history, Flour Mills has remained at the forefront of wheat milling in Nigeria. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
Flour Mills has invested over N25billion in milling infrastructure over the last seven years, to maintain its competitive advantage. Today, Flour Mills has a rated milling capacity of over 8,000 metric tons per day, making it one of the largest single site mills in the world. The Company’s flagship mill located in Apapa, Lagos comprises of 10 integrated mills. Each mill was designed as a multilevel operation in order to optimize the use of gravity in the sifting process, thereby reducing the energy requirements. In addition, the Company maintains dedicated mills to the processing of different wheat varieties to produce different flour types.
Accounts Assistant - Payroll
- This role will be responsible for accurate pension and PAYE remittances within deadline for the group.
- Prepare monthly PAYE deduction schedules and remittances to various states
- Update staff pension records and prepare monthly pension remittances schedules to various Pension Fund Administration in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the upload of payments on bank platforms
- Check and upload staff overtime/variables on Microsoft AX
- Assist with reconciliation of tax records
- Process staff loans and reconcile staff customer and vendor accounts
- Attend timely to payroll issues, complaints, queries and inquiries from staff
- Participate in monthly Stock count for the group.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Accounting or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ cognate experience
The Person Must:
- Possess stellar attention to detail
- Possess effective communication skills
- Have good analytical skills
- Be a team player and open to collaboration
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.