International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries. Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D). We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades.
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Job Field Accounting/Finance
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Handle cheques and local payments;
- Respond to queries on fund transfer and payment;
- Reconcile statement of account of suppliers and key transactions into Oracle;
- Reconcile statement of account from IITA-Limited and assist the Finance Manager in Bank reconciliation.
- Relieve the treasury officer and senior cashier when on leave;
- Initiate local fund transfer, respond to queries on local transfer and payments;
- Reconcile local creditors/suppliers account;
- Reconcile Account Payable Accrual-Employee Account (Local) and Stale Dated Cheque Accounts;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Accounting / Banking and Finance major or skill level (former ICAN PEII), with three (3) years’ experience performing same role especially in a related working environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong analytical mind, very good with computer application especially Oracle Apps.
- Have very pleasant personality, good team player and be honest.
- Have good command of English both written and oral.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: July 22, 2020
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The
application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.