Viva Cinemas is Nigeria’s leading cinema developers and operators of multiplex cinemas in Nigeria. Viva Cinemas is part of the Persianas Group, The Persianas Group has grown significantly since being founded in 1990 and established a proven capability to initiate, secure, construct, deliver and manage real estate developments across Nigeria.
We have unique expertise and a leading profile in the retail sector, notably The Palms shopping malls with a subsidiary of Viva Cinemas Palms and other six cinemas across states of Nigeria, and are also active in the residential and commercial real estate development and management sectors. a Nigerian based conglomerate established in 1991 with its key focus on hospitality and entertainment with diverse interests in Retail Sectors, Residential, Commercial, Cinemas, Family Entertainment Centres
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Accounting/Finance
- Reviews and prepares financial statements and accounting reports for VIVA Cinemas.
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Account –Daily Entries
- Budgeting & Variance analysis – weekly (Tuesday)
- Vetting and Develops guidelines of Financial document for the maintenance and reconciliation of financial data; maintains and reconciles the more difficult financial control records for expenditures, allotments, receipts, and encumbrances.
- Designs, revises, and implements accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and theories.
- Conducts surveys to prepare recommendations for improvements, controls, new methods, and other changes to improve the efficiency of accounting systems.
- Reviews budgets and prepares related budget documents as required by Management.
- Designs cost classification processes: develops guidelines to assign cost classifications to expenditures.
- Determines and analyses direct and indirect costs in order to determine the cost of sales and other operational cost.
- Determination and payment of Third party contract and other necessary payments.
- Preparation of salary & wages (Pay as You Earn tax) for all VIVA Cinemas for vetting and approval
- Preparation and remittance of all statutory obligations.
- Bank reconciliation statement and postings of transactions
- Accounting entries (cost of sales, third party revenue and cost)
- Computation of Film Hire for both calendar & cinema respectively.
- Performs all accounting duties
- B.Sc. degree or higher Degree.
- A Professional Certification, Qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA).
- A minimum of 5 years experience.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.