Vagan Oil and Gas Limited Has Experience In Oil & Gas Field Maintenance And Services, Welding And Fabrication, Electrical And Mechanical Installation / Operation & Maintenance And Civil / Mechanical Construction Works In Both Land And Swamp Locations In The Niger Delta
Job Type Full Time
Experience 4 Years
Job Field Finance
- We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Manage petty cash systems; disbursements and claims.
- Tracking Payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Processing Tax payments and returns
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems
- To oversee the preparation of annual and project-specific budgets for the unit and exercise control over expenditure.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Sage and Quick Books.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Additional certification (ACA) is a plus.
- A good University degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or social sciences.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Finance related Roles.
- Communication skill.
- Performance Management.
- Financial Management.
- Relationship Management.
- Quality Standards.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: November 26, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.