eRecruiter Nigeria has deep knowledge of Human resources and recruitment. Our business is in Talent acquisition, recruitment, outsourcing and everything that revolves around Talent. From acquisition to testing return on investment (ROI) on talent and everything in between. Our goal is to re-define the Nigerian recruitment industry. In the last two years eRecruiter Nigeria has evolved to become a strong recruitment consulting brand in Nigeria. We have successfully expanded our operations to different practice areas. These practices cover various sectors: Financial Services, Oil & Gas and Power, FMCG, Hospitality and Retail, Professional Services and Construction. Each practice is supported by a cloud-based applicant tracking system (ATS) enabling consultants, wherever they are in the world, to access the same information.
This way, our efficiency as a business is unparalleled. Also our approach of developing strong relationships with top professionals, each practice area is able to specialise in identifying and supplying high quality, hard-to-find, local and international candidates to our clients. Our Capabilities: Contingency Recruitment Executive Search Contract/Interim Managed Services Recruitment Training Recruitment Strategy Design Recruitment Benchmarking International Recruitment
Our client is a platform for food factories and a logistics firm focused on oil produce. The client is supported and funded by AfDB and various multinational investment firms. They now have an opening for an Accountant (Akwa Ibom)
In this role, the ideal candidate will be responsible for reporting on the financial health of the company’s business units and the company as a whole. You will analyze day-to-day expenses for historical and real-time insights. You will also build efficiency and reliability in record-keeping and payment processes. This is a new position within the company that was previously managed by the Founders. As such, You are expected to take ownership of accounting at the company. While others on the team will be deeply attuned with your work, you will be the primary driver and responsible party for the responsibilities below.
Real-time accounting and reconciliation:
- Using spreadsheets, WhatsApp, and Bank Statements to reconcile accounts
- Weekly historical reports with visuals and graphs to guide team financial behavior
- First line of defence, promptly flagging of financial discrepancies or misuses of funds
- Automate workflow and payroll:
- Handling salary and other internal payments
- Ensure company compliance with financial and fiduciary policies
- Zero Defect: Ability to quickly and thoughtfully accomplish tasks without mistakes
- Implication Synthesis: Strong ability to convey the “so what” of both basic and complex information
- Strong Communicator: Adept user of WhatsApp and Google drive for communication.
- Owner: Competence and excitement to become an authority on the company’s financial health
- Unblockable Collaborator: Almost never allows collaboration with team members to slow progress
- Corporate Accounting: Deep, tangible experience doing accounting at the corporate level (4+ years)
- Analytical Capability: Advanced user of Excel and other accounting software used for data aggregation
- Strong experience as an Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Preferably female
Performance bonus also available.
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.