Microsoft Nigeria Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world’s largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world’s most valuable companies. Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for Altair 8800. It rose to dominate the personal computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by Microsoft Windows. The company’s 1986 initial public offering, and subsequent rise in its share price, created three billionaires and an estimated 12,000 millionaires from Microsoft employees. Since the 1990s, it has increasingly diversified from the operating system market and has made a number of corporate acquisitions. In May 2011, Microsoft acquired Skype Technologies for $8.5 billion in its largest acquisition to date.
Account Technology Strategist
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 Years
Job Field Sales/marketing
At Microsoft we are looking for an Account Technology Strategist, to act as our customer’s virtual Chief Technology Officer.
You will be expected to:
- Utilize your knowledge of enterprise architecture and Microsoft cloud services (including the latest innovations and solutions) to create roadmaps to your customers’ desired future state.
- Build strong relationships with Chief Technology Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Security Officers, other technical and business decision makers, and the developer community as their trusted technology advisor.
- Orchestrate activities across Microsoft and Partner resources to maximize business results, customer success and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate change management leadership skills by assisting customers with new business models, process and workflow changes, and employee impact assessments as they move towards the desired future state.
- Drive long-term growth by focusing on sustainable usage of cloud solutions that align to customer objectives and business value.
- Share your broad technical knowledge of the Microsoft platform, our competition, and the industry with customers by sharing customer and general IT landscape insights with your Microsoft colleagues.
Account Technology Strategists are unique in their:
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft’s enterprise platform and their ability to map relevant Microsoft technologies to customer IT and business needs and priorities.
- Ability to build long-term trusted technology advisor relationships that result in solid, meaningful strategic technology conversations.
- In-depth knowledge of customer technology environments.
- Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest Microsoft innovations and solutions.
Key experiences, skills, and knowledge:
- Proven ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to drive their adoption and usage required
- Min 5 years technical Pre-sales
- Are you a trusted technology advisor for Digital transformation?
- Change Leadership and business value delivery experience (helping customers to transition their business to the cloud
- Experience in Business Consulting or Consultative Selling, and extensive experience working within Teams preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with equally good listening skills is essential
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar information technology-related, or engineering discipline degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Additional training or education in Business, Sales, or Marketing preferred
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.
Deadline: Not Specified
Method of Application
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.