Malaria Consortium Nigeria is committed to tackling the large number of malaria cases and deaths in the country. Working in partnership with the Ministry of Health and other partners, we lead and support three major malaria control initiatives in the country: Support to the National Malaria Control Programme (SuNMaP); NetWorks and MAPS. Our areas of focus include: Technical support for malaria control Capacity building, harmonisation and training of health workers Heath systems strengthening Behaviour Change Communications and community outreach activities Operational research, policy and advocacy.
Account Officer GF/SMC
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 Years
Location Kano, Kastina, Yobe
Job Field Finance
The Accounts Officer will provide a cashier function and accounting services of maintaining proper financial records of all transactions in accordance with MC financial procedures to the respective field offices in the zone.
Scope of work
The Accounts Officer will be responsible for timely posting of all Invoices approved and paid, petty cash management and banking, filing of field office monthly financial information inclusive of payment vouchers, bank information, financial correspondence etc. S/he will also ensure orderliness within the finance department. The Accounts officer will deals with all cash receipts and payments as well as advising the Project Manager, Technical Officer and Financial Accountant on the arising financial matters and sharing area of concern with suggested solution.
Key working relationships
The Accounts officer (AO) will be a staff in the state and will report to the project manager while interacting directly with other staff including operations officer, administrative officer and other technical staff in the field office. S/he will also work with stakeholders, Local government and communities in the state. Indirectly report to the country finance officer.
1. Finance work (40%)
- Prepare monthly reports to the Project Manager as set on monthly finance timetable which comprises the following: o Bank reconciliation statement including copy of bank statement o Aged list of outstanding Advances and Other ledger balances o Fixed asset register update and Spot Check reports o Authorised Petty Cash Count Certificate and reconciliations o Monthly timesheet updates o End of Month Checklist
- Making Payments of all meetings, workshop and training participants and consultants
- Safeguarding the organisation resources by scrutinising all payment requests, TAFs, PRFs by adhering to the MC Manual, Policies and Procedures
- Advising the Project Manager and Financial Accountant on the arising financial matters and sharing areas of concern with suggested solutions Follow up on the stock balance of financial documents (forms, vouchers, receipts etc.) and make a timely order before stock outs occurs
2. Suppliers Invoice (25%)
- Receive all invoices from suppliers & vendors and prepare the Invoice authorisation forms
- Review and post all invoices onto PSF ledger ensuring the accuracy of codes, support documentation, budget availability and necessary approval from the authorised personnel
- Prepare all payments – cash, cheque, bank transfers and obtain approval from the authorised personnel
- Post payments onto PSF general ledger ensuring the accuracy of all the required codes 3. Operations related work (25%)
- Be responsible for issuing travel and activity advances to project managers, consultants and/or any other staff travels, including reconciliation of the same on return
- In charge of archiving and filling all finance documents and ensuring that they are in safe custody and easily accessible by the finance team
- In-charge of collating timesheets of all field office staff 4. Petty Cash (10%) In charge of keeping the Petty cash impress system and records, making requisitions and issues as approved by the authorised personnel. Take collections after issuing proper receipts and make a deposit of all cash collections in a timely, honest and trust worthy manner
- Count Petty Cash on a minimum of a monthly basis with the Financial Accountant Post all petty cash invoices and vouchers into the General Ledger with accurate codes
- HND or Bachelors in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance team, with at least one year in an Accounts Officer position Desirable
- Experience in working in INGO an added advantage
- Member of Accounting Professional body is an added advantage Working knowledge of accounting software
- Good excel and other software
Do not miss any Jobs/Scholarships updates, so you stay updated.